Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Missed miss carriage and I am devistated!

Had a curet last night as my baby was supposed to be 10 weeks along but had died at 8 weeks gestation. I am devistated but atleast I had my other two children to come home to. When I had my other two miscrriages one at 6 weeks and one and 18-19 weeks gestation I hadn't had my kids yet. Still there are alot of other things going on in my life emotionally ever since I got pregnant that make me think it may not actually be the worst thing in the world that the baby passed on. There are things I am realising about my life and I was thinking about trying again in September but I don't know, having had time to think I need to deal with some other stuff yet.

Replies

• Options
    Hi libranaster

I am so sorry for your loss.

Take time to deal with everything and remember that we're always here to listen.

Take care, NN xx
  • Options
    Hi sorry to hear of this, i recently joined here as i had a missed m/c at 7+2 (found out at 8+6 and i should be 10+2 2day and baby still not 'out' yet) i have undergone failed medical management as baby showed no signs of coming out by itself and i have a scan tomorrow to confirm that i will need a d&c which i really didnt want!

I was originally planning to try in /june then thought why wait at new year as we were both mega broody (i lost my mum in September and i figured it would be a positive thing in my look forward to again) i didnt expect to get pregnant 1st month but now it will be June afterall we are trying...i want a period first to give my body time to heal and then prob wait another (its our anniversary in June so prob just go for it then) im so pissed off and angry with my body and i feel so let down and cheated especially as it couldnt even 'get rid' (for want of a better way of describing it sorry) of my baby even now!!! If it had happened naturally or with medical assistance i may not even have waitied for a period and would just have tried to see how things went!

Sorry this has turned into my personal rant - i think i will find this site helpful.....

Take all the time you need and sorry again for your loss!

Lx
  • Options
    Don't worry about your rant Lauz41 it feels good to know other people are having the smae emotions as me. I had a talk with my partner about my worries for future ttc and he understands and I feel better about it so we will probably go for it in September. I will also speak with my OBGYN too. I could have waited to see if it would happen naturally too but after two weeks and it not happening no one was big on my chances of that and I just wanted it over with. I can't wait to get back on the horse so to speak but I need to give myself time to mourn this baby and really face whats happened. Its just after fricking miscarriage number three I am starting to get cheesed off. Especially when I have to loisten to some druggy teenager who is pregnant talking about how she can't get off the marajuana even though she is pregnant and all the fights she has been getting into and she will probably carry to term grrr.

Please Lauz rant away with me it makes me feel normal.
  • Options
    thanks...

i posted on my original topic that i passed my baby tonight after all which is strange and i hope that i dont need the erpc now. Im sorry you have had 2 previous miscarriages and now this - i dont know how i will cope if i have to go through this again (touch wood)

Its hard i work with health visitors and seen plenty of druggy teenagers as you described them and silly young girls who dont 'deserve' to have a baby...they didnt mean to get pregnant or dont want the baby and are more interested in getting the baby to sleep through the night rather than look after it properly and this has always been tough for me but more so now and i am not looking forward to going back to work at all as i dont know how i will cope..i had last week off and now this week and hopefully the bleeding will die down but im also going to take next week off i think just for me and hubby and i are going to try and have a few days away as well.....

Feel free to join me in my rants...

Lx
  • Options
    Oh yeah I will be ranting away I suspect I will go through alot of emotions but we will be waiting until September to start trying again just because I need to come to terms with this and also I know it sounds wierd but I don't want our baby's borthday to conflict with too many others and I know it sounds wierd but if you have 5 birthdays in your family all in January you would be like that too. I want my baby to have a seperate birthday that is special. I can't wait though I am just trying not to crack and start trying again earlier.
  • Options
    How are you doing Libranaster? You sounded very philosophical in your post and that must be helping. I'm having an ERPC Weds due to MMC at 9wks and am dreading it but like you i just need to move on, not that i'm not grieving for this baby and wont continue to grieve but i can't start to emotionally move on until i'm physically not PG anymore.
    I wish you luck for Sept xXx