Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Unplanned pregnancy, unwanted miscarriage

Hi there. I'ma newbie. Came here from the YAWY website. On there I'm youngbride.
Anyways, about September last year I found out that I was pregnant. It was completely unplanned but me and my fiance were thrilled! We started planning for a baby in our life right away. Both of us were so happy. So much love.
Then it all started crumbling and crashing down. I miscarried at about 8 weeks.
It was horrible. My h2b won't talk to me about it. He just shuts me out and says "Of course it hurts me"
I just really need to talk about it. It's so hard for me to let go. I was only carrying our baby for a little while, but I feel like I've lost so much. I keep thinking about holding a little one, soft and safe. Being a proper family.
My h2b's ex girlfriend had an abortion when he had really wanted the baby, and it adds to it. I wanted to be able to give him the child that he longs for.
I keep crying all the time. Wishing I was pregnant. Wishing so much that we had a baby already.
Just need a little support.
We are going to start TTC after our wedding, but I wish it was now. Right now.

Replies

• Options
    heya
    its such an awful thing to go through.
    i had a mmc at 8.5 weeks but didn't find out until i was 12 weeks. i think about my baby most of the time and just really want to be pregnant again.
    my hubbie and i laid some flowers in a place that was sprcial to us and we also bought a special ring to remind us of our baby. Have you done anything to remeber your baby by?
    It helps to bring something positive out of a horrible situation.
    If you ever want to chat then I'm on msn.
    hope your ok
    take care
    xx
    ps i wasa young bride too!!
  • Options
    I was in a similar position - I got pregnant by my now husband not long after we met - complete accident - and although it was hard we decided to keep it and were really happy - unfortunately less than a week later we lost it. It was a terrible time for both of us. My other half was really reluctant to talk to me about it mainly because he was worried it would upset me. I was advised to make some sort of memorial to our baby - so we went out and bought a rose that we have in our garden - pride of place. It really helped us both and kind of gave us a focus and also a place to move on from.

I was like you all I could think was - when can we try for another - but we agreed that as wanted as the baby was it was a very bad time - financially etc and we would leave it 6 months and see how we felt. It was a good decision - in those six months he proposed and we started planning our wedding - we moved house (the rose came with us) and now 18 months on - we are married, financially in a much better place - in a house big enough for 3 and I am 29 weeks pregnant. I am a big believer in fate and that some things happen for a reason.

I will always remember the baby we lost but with time I have accepted it and now I can look forward to a new baby. Time is a great healer - give yourselves chance to grieve and then move on together.

You'll get there and when you do it will be even more special.

Good luck

Lianne x
  • Options
    I'm trying to think...maybe we should make a memorial of some kind? It'd have to be a very easily movable one as me and h2b don't live in the same house yet. I think I might get a ring of some sort. Or a little plant in a pot, so we can put it in our garden when we get one.

I think having a special thing to remember him by would help me to move on.
    Thank you ladies x