Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding after miscarriage

I micarried at six weeks on Monday, and was told the bleeding would last for 14 days. Did everyone elses last for this long? Im finding the bleeding quite upsetting so am hoping it will stop sooner xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Jem

Really sorry to here of you loss.
    I miscarried in may at 7 weeks and it was heartbreaking.
    I didnt bleed for 2 weeks but it was around 10 days.
    Everyone is different.
    Hope you start to feel a bit better soon and i know its probably the last thing you want to here right now but it does get easier.

Take care of yourself
    Thinking of you
    xxxx
  • Options
    hi hun, so sorry for your loss, i mc at 9+5 in feb and the bleeding lasted about 8 days, but got a lot lighter after about 5 days, but everyone if different.
    Huge hugs ((((((((((())))))))
    xx
  • Options
    I found the bleeding really hard too. Its like a reminder everytime you wipe and it makes it hurt all over again. I bled for 30 hours and then stopped for 6 days then bled again for 3 days followed by about 4 days of brown discharge. I hope it stops soon hun x it does make you feel like a weight is lifted when it stops but at least it is better if it is all out now x
  • Options
    Thats useful to know, sounds like they say 14 days as the absolute maximum. I feel an overwhelming desire to get pregnant as soon as possible, but the midwife said to wait until after having one period. But I have read that you are very fertile just after a miscarriage, does anyone know if thats true?

Also, does anyone else feel very up and down? I feel ok one minute and then have waves of sadness and start crying. I hate not feeling in control of my emotions, I have never felt comfortable crying in front of people apart from my oh and very very close friends and family. So Im finding Im not really going out anywhere now in case I start crying suddenly xx
  • Options
    hi jem sorry to hear about your mc

i can't comment on the bleeding as i had erpc so it might have been different.

i have also heard that you are more fertile after mc but not sure how true this is.

and as for feeling up and down this is entirely natural. i think i am doing ok then all of a sudden something will trigger my emotions off. i already knew that someone in my office was pg, due just after i would have been due, but when i saw her for the first time after my mc i just wanted to cry. other little things sometimes get me as well. but i found buying my special little bear really helped and when i am down (like tonight) i give it a big hug. when things are really getting to me i have taken my little bear to bed and it has been a great comfort and i slept really well.

have you got much time off work?

i hope you heal well soon and have lots of support xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Mrs E, at least I know its not just me and that the emotional rollercoster is quite normal. I have the whole of this week off, my work has been very nice about it and said to take as much time as I need xx
  • Options
    My emotions are all over the place too. I think I am ok and then you get a wave of sadness and start crying again. I think my H found that really hard to deal with.
  • Options
    Hi Jem,

I'm so sorry o hear your sad news. I mc's at 9 weeks (bean died at 8 though) and bled properly for about 4 days, then lighter/spotting for about another 10 so was 14 days in total.

It's been almost 6 weeks since the mc now and I still have bad days - I think it will probably be like that until I am pg again. My oh is finding it hard to cope with my mood swings I think.

xxx
  • Options
    Heres me posting that it does get better and yesterday i was sent into an emotional wreak after hearing that 2 members of family are pregnant!! (thought i was doing better than i was)
    The emotions are perfectly natural and the bleeding is sooo hard to face, as socks says it just reminds you.

I felt the same as you and wanted to try as soon as, the nurses at the epu told me to wait till 1st af but my doctor said there was no harm in trying straight away aslong as i fell physically & mentally ready. Perhaps you should ask your doctor.

thinking of you and sending you a big hug xxx