Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

2nd dose of Methotrexate

Hi girls

I posted on here at the start of the week when I had just had a shot of Methotrexate. Well, I felt physically awful for about 3 days and was just starting to pick up yesterday and today.

Then, this morning, I went for my day 4 blood test and I've just had a call from the hospital to say my HGC has risen, again. Now I have to have another dose of Methotrexate on Monday and I'm anxious as I know this time how rubbish I will feel.

I was just wondering if any of you had 2 shots of the drug and if that was enough to bring things to an end? I'm worried that I might end up having surgery at the end of all this.

Thanks in advance for any advice, hope you're all having a nice weekend

Welsh xxxx

Replies

• Sorry Welsh, I've not had the drug, but didn't want to r&r. Good luck for Monday, hopefully everything will go to plan.

Sam x
  • Hi Welsh,
    Sorry to hear things didn't work out with the one dose. I have had 2 MMC and so had to have ERPCs both time so afraid I can't help with your query but wanted to send you my best wishes for Monday. I hope someone can answer your query for you.
    Lilou x
  • Hi Welsh,
    Sorry to hear things didn't work out with the one dose. I have had 2 MMC and so had to have ERPCs both time so afraid I can't help with your query but wanted to send you my best wishes for Monday. I hope someone can answer your query for you.
    Lilou x
  • Hi Welsh,
    I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through and for your loss. I can't actually offer any advice for your situation but just wanted to say i'm thinking of you and hope the second dose does the trick and you wont need surgery. Good luck tmrw x
  • Hi Welsh

I'm afraid I can't answer your questions but I wanted to say sorry that you're having to go through all this.

You're in my thoughts and I hope things progress quickly for you after your next shot and are over soon.

Take care, love NN xxx

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10719;30/st/20090413/e/%27Round+4%27/dt/5/k/a085/s-event.png

Click Here To Read My Ramblings On Living With Loss