Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Another Qu about 1st AF!

Hi,

I had ERPC on 4th & bled for 17 days, I'm really confused about 1st AF, would my cycle of started on the day of ERPC, or the day I stopped bleeding?

Anyone else bled for this long after ERPC? x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Butterfly123,i didn't have a erpc but had a mc 5 weeks ago and am still waiting my 1st af. The epu said i should expect my first af approx 4 wks after i had stopped bleeding.It'll be 5 wks at the end of this week and i really don't have any signs that af is going to show.I tested today but got a bfn which i am happy about as i now know we can get on with it!!
    This hasn't really helped but justed wanted to say you're not alone!! xx
  • Options
    Hi again Butterfly,

I had my erpc 14 days ago and am still bleeding but only lightly now. From what I remember the mw told me to expect my 1st af 4-6 weeks after the erpc, not from when I stopped bleeding, so I guess you would start counting from the day of the op, but I was a bit all over the place in the hospital and may have got this wrong!

How are you feeling now anyway? Hope you're doing ok. I'm starting to feel a lot better in myself now, still get a bit teary when I see a baby or pregnant lady, but I went back to work this week and am feeling tired but ok so far.

Caroline xxx
  • Options
    God, I thought I was alone!! Everyones like I bled for one day, of one week! I'm like omg, somethings wrong 17 full days!!! Glad it's normal though! I suppose everyones bodies are different!!

I feel fine now! I came back to work on Monday & it's been okay, same old stuff!!

My friend @ work is pregnant, 14 weeks (I would be 16 now) she had her scan yesterday! I'm really happy for her, & think I've handle the situation really well! The only thing that gets to me, is thinking we could have been due date buddies, compared bumps, had our babies @ the same time etc..

It just wasn't meant to be this time for both of us! But our time will come!! I've got alot of PMA at the moment, but I know if I have another MC it would break me!!!

I guess I'll just have to wait & see about AF! I'm going to do a test on the 10th oct, because I'm @ a chrsitening the next day!

xxx