Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice

Hi as some of you are aware me and hubby had a missed miscarriage at 6 weeks i am now what would of been 10 weeks and still no bleeding been for another scan and the sac has changed shape but not size does anyone know how long i will have to wait to bleed

Replies

• Options
    Hi mrssmith,
    Really sorry to hear that things are dragging on for you-it's just so unfair. Your story sounds pretty similar to my most recent m/c in July, so I'll tell you what happened to me.
    Had IVF in May, and got a BFP. Unfortunately, the 7 wk scan showed no heartbeat, and although there was a weak hb a week later, it wasn't seen at the 3rd scan. I wanted to wait for my body to m/c naturally, and kept going back to the unit for scans every wk or so.
    I started spotting at 9+4 but didn't bleed properly til 11+1. The heavy bleeding/pain lasted for about 3 days, then it was like AF for 10 days or so then spotting for a while.
    I'm glad I waited for it to happen spontaneously but I know that if it had taken much longer, then I would have had to have medical/surgical treatment, as there's only so long you can be left due to the risk of infection.
    Since then, I ovulated about 15 days after the heavy bleed started and AF came at about day 30.

I hope this helps a bit. I wonder if it takes a bit longer due to the hormones given during IVF? I hope you are getting the support you need from your OH and family, and also the IVF unit.

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Mrssmith69 - so sorry to hear this is dragging on for you......I had an MC at 7+3 and it took 33 days for my AF to arrive after.......and I was told by the EPU it could take 4-6 weeks, which is about the time frame you're in now I guess?
    Did they not offer any further advice at the scan?
    I hope it comes soon for you - big hugs
    xx
  • Options
    little update still no bleeding would of been 11 weeks today starting to worry now its been 5 weeks now since i found out i wish it would hurry up i wont to get on with my life and my plans for another
  • Options
    Oh hun - can take 4-6 weeks for AF to arrive......so hopefully you'll have bleeding very soon then as you say you can get on with your life as its another thing hurdled!!
    Big hugs to you x
  • Options
    Hi Mrssmith,

My 1st mmc we didnt find out until our 12wk scan. they said that I was measuring 6 wks and the sac looked a abnormal shape as they put it & had haemorraged. My body had held onto the pg for that long without us knowing I then started to spot 2 days after the scan this lasted for a few days with pain until I went into hospital as had some complications We wasnt given any options before this as they wanted to re scan me in a wks time just incase. Hope things work out soon for you sweetie xxxx