Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi, my names Vikki, I'm 19 years old, & have just moved across from the due in March forum!

I went to what I thought would be my 12 week scan on Tuesday, to find I'd had a missed misscarriage at around 7 weeks. I'd had no bleeding, so it was quiet a shock for me & OH! I went for an operation yesterday to remove everything, & my cells have been sent off to see if I've had a molar pregnancy, & to see if my cells are pre-cancerous! Me & OH are both bery upset, but we'll be TTC again as soon as we can!

Anybody else had a similar experience to me??

Vikki x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Vikki,don'y know if you remember me but i was also in the due in march 09 forum up until 2 wks ago when i also had a miscarriage.
    I am so so sorry that you have had to go through this hun,it is so hard.
    My miscarriage wasn't like yours,i started to bleed ,had a scan which showed baby had died at 6 wks when i should have been 9 wks. I bled for about a week and in that time passed my little bean.
    Having a miscarriage is never an easy thing whichever way you lose your baby.
    I hope you are getting the support you need and if you want to chat i'm here.Take care hun,Nikki xx
  • Options
    Hi Nikr,

Yes I remeber you from March!! Hope your okay!! It's awful isn't it, but atleast we know we can get pregnant!

It's been awful!! But my OH has been amazing! & my friends & family have been great!! OH bought me flowers & a new dressing gown on the day of my op, & my friend came round with wine & chocs!! My mum is paying for me & OH to go out tomorrow night, and cheer us up!!

My belly is really sore today!! I've still not had much bleeding!

I'll be here if you ever fancy a chat!

Vikki x
  • Options
    You sound quite positive about things which is good.You do go through a different range of emotions,so be prepared.I thought i was ok,but last weekend just broke down as it had gotten on top of me.I suppose it is grieving as we have lost something that we so desparately wanted.
    We are trying again now,not waiting for af to rear her ugly head!
    Try and enjoy your night out tomorrow.xx
  • Options
    I am positive at the mo, but I won't be when AF comes to visit me next month!! I think it will really hit me then!!!!

I'm sure we'll get our much deserved BFP's in no time!!

Is this forum always this quiet??? x
  • Options
    hi hun,

sorry to hear about your mc- i had something similar in May. nothing was going wrong but i was impatient and wanted to see little bean so i paid for private scan at 9.5 weeks and i was measuring 7.5 weeks, so I went back a week later for NHS scan and they told me bean had died at 6 weeks. they said it wasn't showing any signs of coming away yet so i had the ERPC at 11 weeks.

I hope you are healing well and that all the results come back ok. is this what they test for routinely or were they testing specifically for you? I remember signing something and they said they would do some tests and i'd only know about it if something was wrong, so i wonder if it was the same thing.

i was very keen to try again as soon as possible, but i bled/spotted for 2 weeks, as soon as i stopped i think i ovulated and i had AF 28 days after the ERPC, and started trying again the next cycle.

this forum has been a bit quiet lately - but that is because the new TTC after MC forum has been set up so the posts are split between here and there. i guess being quiet is a good thing as that means less MCs. In May/June there were so many of us image

i hope you have lots of support, and good luck for when you try again

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply!

Yes it's the routine test, & they said I will only hear if there's something wrong! I didn't bleed yesterday, but it's started this morning!! It's such a hard time isn't it!! But I'm trying to stay positive!

I hope you get your BFP & a very sticky bean soon!!!! xxx
  • Options
    Hi Vikki and Nik

dunno if you remember me. Atia from March 09 too. Vikki, I remembered your scan was supposed to be on 2nd Sept, and I had been checking in for a few days after 2nd Sept to see how you got on, but in the end had to ask Siany when I couldn't find you. She told me you had a missed miscarriage so came looking for you. I am so so sorry to hear it and wanted to come give you a big hug.

If you remember, we were both due around the same time, but I had a missed miscarriage at 7wks but didn't find out till after 10wks. I am very impressed and proud of how you are handling it, but I want you - both of you - to know that, having been there, I am here if you ever want to talk/cry/etc. My dh was/has been great, as have all the docs and nurses, and I am glad your OH had been too. Make the most of any and all support, and if you do need to bawl your eyes out, don't hold back. Don't be surprised if a couple weeks or even months down the line at random you start crying: this is normal.

Both of you, take care of yourselves. You owe it to yourselves and to any future baby. I hope we are all back on track very soon.

Atia
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Atia,
    Thanks for the message,it makes going through this easier as there are,unfortunately so many other women going through the same thing as you. I have had bad days but the majority of hem gave been ok.
    I work at Mothercare,so going back to work was extremely hard for me,but i'm glad i went back when i did because if i had left it any longer i seriously doubt i would have gone back!
    Here's hoping we all get a sticky bfp soon! xx
  • Options
    Hi Atia, Yes I remember you from March!

It's such a shocking thing to happen isn't it!! I feel like my baby has been stole from me, & have even thought to myself that the doctor was wrong, & he didn't want me to have my baby, so he took it away! Silly I know!!

Had a very good Saturday night, out with my OH! But I really bad sunday!! Just couldn't stop thinking about it!!

Went to the doctors yesterday & got a week sick note! How much time is everybody taking off work? I just can not face it yet! x
  • Options
    I only took a week and a half off,i think i did go back to early to be honest,as i said earlier i work at Mothercare so not the greatest place to work after having a mc. I do think though that if i didn't go back i don't think i would have done,its a very hard situation to deal with.
    I think just go back when you feel ready.Big hugs.xx