Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

first period

does anyone know if your period arrives 4-7 weeks from the day of the miscarriage or from when the spotting stops. I had a miscarriage on the 1st may and am still spotting (2 1/2 weeks later!). I can't wait for it to end.
Bex

Replies

• Options
    Hi there... sorry you as well have had a miscarriage - I have had two most recently 4 weeks ago at 10 weeks and then one in Jan at 20 weeks.. the one in Jan I had my first af exactly 4 weeks after I had stopped bleeding but the bleeding went on for 3 weeks - heavy at first and then spotting and then back again and then spotting... this time I had my af exactly 4 weeks again after I had stopped bleeding but I only bleed for a week... BUT my af was so light I mean so so light that if I hadn't been watching for it I would have missed it..! So it does vary - but I do know that they say if you haven't had it after 8 weeks to go and see your doctor... Hope you get it soon... xx
  • Options
    Hiya hun, so sorry for your loss. I had a missed miscarriage, had a D&C at 11+1.I bled for 10days after and my first AF arrived 31 days from the day of the op so only 3 days longer than my normal cycle. I took a pregnancy test 2 weeks after D&C and it was negative so I think I must have oved a few days after that (if at all) Have you taken a test hun? I know your pregnancy hormone levels have to drop right down before your cycle kicks off again. Sorry to sound so clinical, I know its so hard xx
  • Options
    Hia
    I had a mmc in feb and my first af arrived exactly 6 weeks after the day I actualy lost my baby.
    Take care
    xx
  • Options
    Thankyou for your replies guys. I had a missed miscarriage (was 12 weeks nut baby died at 81/2 weeks) I had the msicarriage 2 days after the scan, so it happened naturally. I have heard it can take longer for your body to get backon track after a natural miscarriage. It is reassuring to know that the spotting can last for 3 weeks and that i am not abnormal! it will have been 3 weeks tomorrow. I just can't wait to try for a baby again and just hope it goes well this time. Good luck to you all.