Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So upset :(

Hi ladies

Well here is my story I need to chat to other women that have been in the same boat.

I started having a light bleed last week and got sent up the hospital who took my blood and said to go back and have another test in a few days, I go the results back from the first test which said my HCG levels where a bit low but the test to see about the embryo and placenta was high! and then yesterday I got the results back from the last test which showed my HCG levels had dropped and I would miscarry and to do a test in two weeks. Well yesterday afternoon it started :cry: bleeding and I have passed some clots which I assume was my bean :cry: I am so upset and keep crying I would off been 6 weeks yesterday.

I rang the hospital today and was told to see how the pain and bleeding goes and to ring back up if gets worse and do a pregnancy test in two weeks and if it is a BFN then everything is gone but if still positive then I need to go in.
:cry:

How long will I bleed for?

I have a DD who is 17 months who is getting me through me but I am devastated, I knew it was to good to be true to fall in the first month of TTC.

Gem x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Gem, firstly so sorry to hear your news. It is heartbreaking.

I suffered a missed miscarriage, so didn't experience any bleeding. I opted for an ERPC, but I bled for a bit after that, it was horrible, even passed some clotts too, not very nice.

Not sure what to say really, except I know what you are going through, though I don't know how long you will bleed for. I would just monitor it and if it gets bad go back to EPU.

Thinking of you and when you feel ready, come on over into TTC after miscarriage, its a bit busier and all the ladies are lovely and supportive.

Take care, Zxx
  • Options
    Hi Gem,

I am sorry to hear your news.
    I similar thing happened to me at around 7 weeks, i had the blood tests and got told things would happen naturally which it did. The bleeding lasted about a week and then my af arrived about a month later.

Look after yourself

Karen
  • Options
    hey, I mc'd at the same stage as you and was also devistated. I am so sorry you have to experience this. My bleeding lasted a week then stopped for a few days then lasted another week, my af arrived 6 weeks later. It really varies an awful lot. I am glad you have your dd but you still need to take the time to greave for the much wanted one you lost. Take care of yourself xxx
  • Options
    Hi there, just wanted to say u r not alone. I was about 6wks and last Weds i started bleeding and still am (sorry TMI) hospital scanned me and said it was too early to tell and to go back in 2 wks to be scanned again to see if there is a heartbeat etc...judging by all the clots and amounts of blood, i am assuming that is it. Hospital told me to do a pg test b4 i come back and if it is negative then not to bother going in, because the pg has gone!!

I am devestated but i keep trying to tell myself that it wasn't meant to be and hopefully we shall be ok next time.

xx
  • Options
    oh hun, im in the same position, im 6 weeks today and have spent the day at the hospital ( and last night too ) im really bleeding and passing clots, got to have more blood taken tomorrow and then a scan on wednesday next week to see if im still pregnant or ive miss carried x im not holding much hope and im feeling very sorry for my self, and feel ive let hunny down xx good thing is i have a nutty jolly 2 yr old little miss to keep me going x i just feel a bit lost x
  • Options
    This is when I had a mc in July Hun I am now pregnant again. I got pregnant straight away after mc( I am dia with you )

I am sorry to hear you you are going through this. I hope all may be ok.

Gem x