Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just had Ectopic pregnancy

Sorry just need to write this down.

On sunday i was 7 weeks pregnant with baby number 3,i went to the loo and had some pink blood so put a pad on and went to bed worrying woke up monday went to loo had had brown blood overnight went back to bed until i could ring the docs and as soon as i lay back down the pain started my whole stomach was killing me,so rang docs once they opened got an appointment i didnt know how i would move to get dressed to get there but i did it and as oh was taking dd1 to pre-school i drove to the docs she felt my stomach rang the hospital booked me in at a&e gave me a letter asked me how i got to the doctors so said i had driven as its less than 5 min up the road she looked very worried and said get someone to take you to the hospital i said my oh would so drove back home.

Oh drove me to a&e even with my letter i still had to wait half hour before i got seen they took blood felt my stomach wanted a wee sample off me as i walked to the loo i nearly fainted they got me back to the bed and did my blood pressure and it was so low they put up fluids asap.I was then wheeled in the bed to the scan room as they didnt want me to faint walking there had my scan the pressure from the machine was so painful i was in tears anyway i asked and she told me my left ovary and tube were fine my womb was full of fluid and my other ovary and tube were swollen like it was trying to get rid of something image

Got wheeled back to a&e and everything happened really quick then and before i knew it i was being wheeled to theatre which i was terrified of.

I woke and had a pain thing given to me to push everytime i felt pain which i pushed all night!

The following morning the consultant came and gave me the bad news that they had taken my right tube as it had burst image and the fluid in my womb was 800ml of blood she couldnt believe i had been up and walking about and even driving while in pain and i couldnt try for another until september earliest not that i want to right now i need to get over this first and grieve i keep bursting into tears image

Replies

• Options
    oh poor you. what a frightening thing to happen.

how are you feeling today?

i had a miscarriage confirmed yesterday but the worst of it happened over tues / weds. luckily for me, it seems like my body has dealt with it, hopefully avoiding surgery. because i had an empty sac, they warned me i might have a silent ectopic (my tubes are clear) and emphasised how i had to act quickly if i have any pain. i have found it a very frightening time. i still need to do a pregnancy test at the end of the month just to make sure there is nothing lurking.

i am feeling a bit better today and my toddler is helping take my mind off it all.

hope you are getting lots of love and support.

my heart goes out to you.

gm x
  • Options
    Hi thanks i didnt expect any replys i just needed to write it down.im ok sore,sad trying to keep my mind off it at the moment image i got home yesterday and it was great to see my girls butim getting no rest at home so off to my mums in a bit for a few days.

i didnt really get that much info from the hospital about this all i really know is the baby must have died when the tube burst image and there was no other choice but to remove my right tube.i had to have 2 bags of blood as i had lost so much,im on an iron suplement and pain killers.i am moving slightly easier each day but if i think about it im in tears image
  • Options
    sorry to read about your loss GreyMum hope you are ok x
  • Options
    Just wanted to say how sorry i am about what you've been throught. After my ectopic i also feel like the hospital didnt give me an awful lot of infomation, but someone pointed me towards the ectopic pregnanct trust website which has a load of infomation on it and some really helpful hosts who will answer your questions.

Take care

xxx
  • Options
    so so sorry to hear about your loss and your terrible experience hunny...take care and rest well..

am currently going through a miscarrage and trying to take my own advise...but with two other little ones like u...its a bit of a slog....hope you rest up well at your mums....take care sweet x
  • Options
    I am so sorry! I had an ectopic last year, just passed the year mark image mine was one the left side and I also got very little information. I was only told that I lost the baby and tube and have since found out it was very very bad, she shows my pictures to all her medical students, Every one was shocked that I could still walk. If you ever need anyone to talk to I am here for you *big hugs*