Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Had ectopic :(

Hi Ladies i will be joining you in here,i had an ectopic pregnancy last week and had my tube removed last monday as it had burst i was 7+1 image im home and sore and sad image its so unfair these things have to happen.

Replies

• Options
    oh dear hun - thats so sad - hope you start to feel better soon
  • Options
    I'm sorry hunni. It is so very unfair that these things happen. Take good care of yourself, and we're here to offer support and virtual hugs whenever you need it.

xxx.
  • Options
    Oh you poor love. What a horrendous experience for you. Its so so hard when you're so excited and upbeat and then have to go through something like that. Take good care of youself hon and we're all here to give you support.

xxx
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear you have gone through this. I too lost a tube in Sept 2008, and it was the most difficult thing I have ever gone through

I fell pregnant again very quickly afterwards and now have a beautiful daughter of almost 20 months

Lots of hugs to you xx
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this, I had an ectopic pregnancy in September 09 and so I know how traumatic this is. Go with your emotions is the best advice I was given x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, im finally feeling less sore unless i do too much but my head is still a mess image oh doesnt really want to talk about it dont think it felt real to him he said he was more concerned about me.its like every time i go out i see someone pregnant i just think i should still have my bean,a friend said it shouldnt bother me losing a baby as ive already got 2 girls,another said hey ho get on with it,my mum said dont upset yourself, i dropped another sick note into work and all i got was how much longer do you think you will be off, its only 4 weeks tomorrow i just feel like im being rushed to get over it , to get back to work etc i know things will get better but im not ready to go back to work yet.dont mind me ladies im just rambling just got to work through it all.
  • Options
    I hate the comments people make. They are unhelpful at best, hurtful at most. Basically unless it has happened to you then you cannot understand, so please don't try

Big hugs to you xxx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear what you are going through. Dont listen to anyone but yourself, you know whats best for you . Sod the rest of them - health is more important than work.

Look after yourself honey. Love and strength to you.

Tara xx
  • Options
    So sorry to hear what you are going through. I echo what the others have said - go with your own emotions and whatever you do don't let work put a guilt trip on you. Go back when you feel ready and not before. People are so insensitive sometimes.

Its probably good that your OH is able to talk to you at least about how he feels - ie concern for you - try and remember that each and every one of us grieves differently and at different times (ie what you feel one day your partner may feel on another). I guess all I can suggest is to be kind to eachother and to keep talking.

Sending you a big hug.

Apple x
  • Options
    I think you have to go with your emotions and it's a rollercoaster. I spent the entire year after thinking when I should have been having my scans etc. People sai dthe most ridiculous and hurtful things to me. I felt too embarressed for them to start with but then went the other direction as wanted them to realise how stupid they were!

My husband sounds similar to yours. Now that 18 months have passed he has told me that he had to stay strong for me as I needed him more. He felt helpless and was terrified of something happening to me. For him the effects came a lot later.

We watched the film "Up" and he just broke down. He can't watch anything to do with mc or ectopics as it upsets him so much.

I know it's a cliche but time does help. I still think of my lost bean. I remember all the dates and miss what could have been but as time passes you learn to live with it a bit better. But that has to be at your pace and at nobody elses.

It's irrelevant whether you have children already, it's that bean you're grieving for. People telling me I could have anothe rbaby upset me as it was my bean that I wanted and not another.

Hugs xx
  • Options
    hi im so sorry to hear you had a ectopic pregnancy but i realy hope you can help me out im 5 weeks pregnant and have period pain in the middle lower tummy also been geting pains in my vagnia not like shooting pains its hard to explain but its only on my left side in my vagnia and its there most off the time but does go a way some time its almost like a dull ach but then i cramp pain im ny tummy this will be my 3rd child but my 4th prenancy as 4 years a go i was prenant went for a scan and there was just a sack so they said it was a misscarried or eptopic and i had an op to remove the sac but they never said what it was did you have eny syptoms like mine hope u can help .xxx
  • Options
    Hi shelby if you have any concerns you should see a doc asap. i had some pink/red loss on the sun night put a pad on and it went dark overnight got up for the loo and went back to bed as it was too early to call docs and as soon as i lay back down the pain started my whole stomach was killing me image

Thanks ladies i cant get out of my head i would be having a scan next week i would be 12wks on sun and its driving me mad also worrying i dont think im ready to go back to work next sat so im considering going to see if they will sign me off for another week or so but im betting the doc says no but we'll see. its like time has stood still and i havent been off work at all im so tired all the time as low on iron i needed 2 bags of blood in hosp as i had lost so much.i still get a sharp pain if i have to move quick and with a 2yr old and a 3yr old thats quite often lol but i am feeling better than i was, i have been reading up on ectopics and im not that hopeful about trying again now we wouldnt yet anyway ive got to get over this.i'm thinking of planting a tree for the baby just to remember it by.
  • Options
    so very sorry u have had to go through this hun lots of hugs sending ure way.. x x x