Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

it happened again :( also in DIN.

As many of you know i had a mmc in feb. i got to 12 weeks with a growing bump and really bad sickness. I was told everything would be fine. Got to my scan and and was told there was just an empty sac.I was sent home and told i would mc soon.Nothing happened.

At 14 weeks i was finally listened to and went into hospital for medical management.

It was horrific.

on our 1st wedding anniversary in march we found out i was pregnant again. We were so happy we thought it was obviously met to be as it happened so quickly.

The midwife i had was fantastic i told her i was so worried and to put my mind at ease she took my blood to check my levels were rising. i had two lots of bloods taken. My midwife went on holiday so i was told to ring the hospital for my results.

i rang and spoke to my 1st midwife the one i had with 1st pregnancy. i was told that the levels had risen mine was 26 and a problem pregnancy was 6 so mine was good at the moment was def an ongoing pregnancy.

got off the phone was jumping up and down was so happy told my hubs and everyone i told i was pregnant that all was going to be ok and we would have this baby.

My midwife came yesterday and asked how i was i said yeah im good thanks just feel abit sicky but i dont care its all worth it.

she walked in sat down and saw the mothers day card my hubs got me.

she said u dont know do u..

i said no what? (i was expecting to hav my early 8week scan next week.) she said your levels dropped so you will mc soon. i said no was told they were fine.

I WAS GIVEN THE WRONG RESULTS.

I have to go to epu tomorrow at 10am to see whats happened as i haven't been bleeding.

feel like this is one nightmare after another. dont think we want to carry on. its just too hard.

good luck to all you ladies hope you all have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

xx

Replies

• Options
    So sorry Jen xx

I have been reading your posts as I had a second MC in March and like you got pregnant quickly after my first MC.

I know there is nothing I can say to make it better. My thoughts are with you and sending lots of hugs.

Rachel xx
  • Options
    Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow, also at 7wks the HCG levels become less reliable so wait until they scan hun as all could be just fine. Let us know how you get on and I hope it's good news.

BoB. x
  • Options
    Hi, hope the hospital gave you some answers, but either way, don't lose hope. There have been so many girls through this forum who now have lovely little ones, after much heartache.

Hope your story turns out well in the near future...

Lxx
  • Options
    Any news Jen, how did you get on?
  • Options
    thanks everyone.

sadly got to the hospital and they took blood tests to check my levels and they had gone from 26 to 16 to 2 image

which means ive had 2 mc's in less than 2 months image

we are both absolutely devastated and have decided we need some time out. we are going on holiday in june so we said we will wait to try again after that.

ive been signed off for 2weeks by my dr who was really lovey. she said she didnt want us to go through another mc before they listen to me so said when im feeling better she will do some blood tests.

xx
  • Options
    Oh so sorry JenJen - I think you're right to take a little time and you'll know when you're ready again. It's good too that you doc is taking the time to do some tests - they may find nothing and this could just be bad luck (the worst kind) but at least you will know one way or the other if you can do something to help the situation.

We're here if you need to talk.

BoB.
  • Options
    Jen, very sad to be reading this - I have not been on for a while so catching up.

Nothing we can say will make you feel better but just wanted to say I know how you feel and am thinking of you

xxx
  • Options
    Hi I know that you posted over a month ago so hope things are getting a bit better for you.

I just wanted to give you some encouragement and say that I had 2 mc straight after each other in 2006 then got pregnant straight away again and had my 3rd baby.

I also had another 2 mc last year and am now 15 weeks pregnant with my 4th and last. xx
  • Options
    Hi Jenjen,

Sorry you've had such a horrible time. I think you are doing the right thing planning a holiday in june, enjoy yourself for a while and remember that you are a couple, and babies are bonuses. Ask doc about asprin, apparently it can help prevent miscarraiges!! I am planning to research it properly and might go on it in 2 cycles time.

xo