Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Another Miscarriage

At the beginning of March I had a miscarriage. This was my second miscarriage. I had my first back in November 2008 then went on to get pg a couple of months later. When I miscarried this time, initially, I thought that it wasn't so bad but now I have had 2 cycles I have reached a sad head. I feel broken but totally selfish as I already have a delightful son and some people don't even have that. I guess that I thought I'd feel better but it seems to be getting worse. I have friends falling pregnant left right and centre. This doesn't seem to help! I am just feeling very sorry for myself and need to cheer up, look at the glass half full.

Replies

• Options
    Your allowed to feel sorry for yourself bexhen, it is an awful thing to have gone through once, let alone twice. And i really don't think it's selfish to feel this way just because you have a son, you've suffered a loss.

I unfortunatly know how you feel, i had an ectopic in dec and a missed miscarridge in april. I am seeing pregnant people everywhere, it's like they are following me as if to rub it in!

Take as much time as you need to grieve, rant, cry, stare out of the window (that is my fav at the moment) and talk about it.

It really does take time to process in our heads what has happened to us.

xxx
  • Options
    sorry to hear about your loss but just wanted to try and give you some encouragement.

I had my first 2 mc in 2006 when I was trying for my 3rd child and had a number of friends who were finding it difficult to conceive at all so felt really guilty because I already had 2 children.

I had another 2 mc last year (have always wanted 4 children)and was particularly devestated with the 3rd mc as 3 of my close friends were due the same time as I would have been. I am now 18 weeks pregnant (and still very nervous).

It is completely normal to feel grief at any time - you have lost a precious baby and that is a significant loss, I don't know if you would consider counselling? I had some after my 2nd mc which helped just to process my thoughts and feelings.

You just need to believe that you will have another baby at some time and enjoy your son whilst you are waiting for his sibling xx