Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

any advice welcome (long post sorry)

Hi Ladies

I have just suffered my second m/c (29th aug) and i'm still bleeding quite heavily. It's completely different to my first m/c that was all over very quickly and bleeding stopped after a few days. I was 8 weeks pregnant (this time round) but only 4 days before the m/c we had a scan and all was well, even seeing a h/b, so was quite a shock. I just wondered if anyone else suffered occasional stomach cramps days after the m/c they are very uncomfortable and I never had any of these with my last m/c.I have had a scan and all gone. I have to see my GP on monday as the midwife wants him to do tests for thyroid, hormone levels and a few other things (any advice on that too pls as i'm quite nervous). I have a gorgeous 4 year old little boy so I know that it is possible, thanks for reading and I would really appreciate any advice or similar experiences.

Luv Nicki xx :?

Replies

• Options
    Hi pet....I'm so so sorry for your loss. Losing ur baby after seeing that wonderful beating heart is devastating. I've been there do sadly I know how it feels. It's positive that they are going to do some investigations and hopefully you will never go through this again. It can take your body a bit of time to recover, physically you have been through a lot. Try to relax and look after yourself

Hugs to you x
  • Options
    Sorry for your recent loss. It's been some time since I had my m/c but I did bleed for several weeks after. I found the cramps eased if I lay on my side with my legs at a 90% angle but did feel like having a very long and heavy period. I had a couple of blood tests at the time to check for things such as blood count/thyroid activity/hormones to see if there was anything largely out of norm that may have caused the m/c but all came back normal. Hoping this helps answer some of your questions.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss and especially after seeing a hb, i've mc'd 3 times and never saw a hb with any of them so I can only imagine how awful that is. With regards to the pain, after my first 2 I had quite bad cramps and the only thing I could do to ease them was take paracetamol and have a hot bath. They didn't last very long, a couple of days after each so hopefully yours will ease soon.

It's great they're doing tests, i've had all the tests and all it involved was them taking lots of blood. One of them (Kariotype, which tests your genetic profile) takes about 6 weeks to come back but the others (thyroid, diabetes, blood clotting etc) should only take about 10 days. All I would say is tell them when they take the blood that you want the results regardless of the results. With mine I waited for 8 weeks (although I had been chasing up) and I never received any results at all. I exploded at my dr and she explained that hospitals sometimes don't give out results unless there is something wrong. I was furious at this given the nature of what tests i'd had and my dr repeated them just so I could see a result. I don't know what the procedure is everywhere else (I live in N Scotland) but I believe that regardless of the result every woman needs to know what has been found, even if nothing, when testing for mc.

I hope you feel better soon and your pain eases, hot water bottles and chocolate work a treat too xx
  • Options
    Aw so sorry to hear of your loss its an awful expereince. When I had mine I bled for a coup[le of weeks, it did go lighter though the 2nd week. Its quite normal so I wouldn't worry as its was only a few days ago. If it carries on and you 're in pain I would go to your doctors to make sure everything is ok. We're all here if you need us. The forum has helped me a lot as its so good to talk to be people who understand exactly what you're going through. Take care xxxxx
  • Options
    HI ladies

Thank you so much for all your advice it has been a great help, its settles my nerves too about seeing the doctor on monday. I am just so desperate to try again but i know i have to let my body recover. I really want some answers but i'm under no illusions that i prob won't get any. Also my best friend is pregnant (we would've been due 6 weeks apart) and i feel such a cow that i can't really talk to her about babies etc at the minute.

luv nicki xx
  • Options
    Hi Nicki

just wanted to say very sorry to hear your news, very difficult and emotional time - I didn;t have an mc (had ectopic) so can;t comment - hope you get some answers on Monday

jjx
  • Options
    Hi Nicki,

I'm so sorry for what you are going thru it is just so unfair.

You are not a cow at all it is really hard for you to talk about babies and stuff and I'm sure your friend understands. With time you will be able to talk to her.

Don't bottle up your feelings and make sure you talk lots about how you are feeling with your hubby.

But we are also here for you love. Good luck on Monday.

Xx
  • Options
    hi niki i recently had my 2nd miscarriage at 8 weeks after seeing a hb......it was a complete miscarriage this time but the bleeding stopped after 5 days,however i did start taking angus catcus which is a herbal remedy for regulating hormones and periods i started that 2 days after and i swear it helps i then had a proper 4day period on the 18th august(mc 24th july) if u do try this herb research says take it to u ovulate then stop if ttc xxxstart again if u see af...but i didnt have bad cramps-at all after ...hope u ok its horrible isnt it xxx
  • Options
    Hi everyone

I have been to doctors & I have to wait 6 weeks for any blood tests to be done image . I also had to do a pregnancy test on tuesday but it still said positive so EPAU have asked me to do another one next tuesday and if thats positive I have to have another scan. On my last scan it was confirmed all had gone so I am under no illusions that I am not pregnant :cry:. I believe that hormones may take some time to go back to zero but was just wondering roughly how long they usually take. On my previous m/c they went back to zero almost immediatley and I was 11 weeks. This time I was only 8 weeks. I have given up trying to understand everything!! :?

Luv Nicki