Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

miscariage

im 20 years old and i have two miscarriages in 10 months i lost both babies at 8-9 weeks. the first miscarriage i went to the early pregnancy clinic because i started spotted n i was told i was going to miscarry as the baby wasnt there i lost the baby naturaly, and on my second pregnancy i got to 12 weeks and i started spotting again i went to the early pregnancy clinic and again but this time my baby was still there but didnt have a heartbeat and had been dead for 3-4 weeks so i had the operation 3 weeks ago now i cant get out of my head that its my fault so i went for a thyroid test and i got the result today that it was clear. can anyone help me on my next step ofseeing what else could be wrong please. thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

First of all there could be absolutely nothing the matter and it isn't your fault!! It is common to miscarry more than once and to go on and have a perfectly healthy baby/pregnancy afterwards. My sister had 2 miscarriages and now she is getting towards the end of her pregnancy.

I suffered a miscarriage before my DD and know the heartache that it brings, I can only imagine how hard it must feel to have to go through that twice.

The sad thing is that until you have had 3 consecutive miscarriages they can't or won't test you for any problems which is horrible when you just want answers.

Fingers crossed you will be pg again ery soon. Once you are, if you stress your concerns with your MD they might be able to arrange an early scan.

HTH and Chin up

x x x
  • Options
    Hi Sammie, sorry for your losses I know how hard it is. I've had 2 mc in 6 months both between 5-8 weeks. I'm now pregnant again and I think 5 and a half weeks and I'm spotting again so assuming another mc though I feel very sick this morning & tests show I'm still pregnant with a very strong line. Have a scan arranged for tomorrow and preparing myself for the worst.

I too have been blaming myself although I know I shouldn't but after over 3 years of ttc it's heartbreaking. The only way I'm getting through this now is by thinking that if this is my 3rd at least they will do tests to find out why now, it could be something very simple but who knows. Keep strong poppet, I was told last time only 1% of people go on to have 3 consecutive mc's!! Guess I might be one of that 1%, trying to remain positive & see what tomorrow brings!

Thinking of you & feel free to msg me if you want to talk.