Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi ladies.

Hello,

I'm currently going through my 3rd mc after getting a bfp last Tuesday.

I have 2 gorgeous boys, my oldest will be 5 in March and youngest is nearly 15 months. I desperately wanted another baby, and after a mc last August I was hoping this one was a keeper, but it just wasn't meant to be. I had a mc in December 2009, then fell pg with my youngest and had him in November 2010.

I started bleeding yesterday and have been to the hospital today for bloods, which were low at only 54. So I have to go back Wednesday for repeats, which I know will confirm I'm having another mc. I did another home test this morning and the line was almost non existent, but it was very dark last week on both tests. I would only be 4+6, so they won't do a scan as there's nothing to see anyway.

I've done the worst thing ever and googled my chances of a successful pregnancy, and it says that after 2 live births and 2 mc's the chances of another mc are 30-40%, does anyone know how true that is?

I'm totally devastated at the moment and spent all day yesterday in bed :cry:

Sorry to ramble on, but I found this forum an absolute savior when I had the first mc.

Sam

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hello Sam,

So sorry to welcome you to the family here and for your losses. I don't know about the stats you found, but I would be surprised if it was really that bleak. I would try not to read more and step away from the internet for a bit.

I hope that you get some clarity in the next day or so about what's happening this time for you as I understand the awful feeling of not knowing one way or the other.

Let yourself have some time just to be you and to feel how you need to feel (there is no right or wrong) ...........look after you, your little ones and DH and most of all be kind to yourself.

Please don't apologise about 'rambling' - we are all here to support each other through good times and bad.

Sending you some cyber hugs

Apple x
  • Options
    Hi Apple,

Thank you for your kind words. It restores my faith in humanity when there are people who don't even know me, but have such compassion.

I decided not to go to the hospital for the repeat bloods as I am 100% certain they will just tell me my levels have dropped or not gone up, which I know anyway. So I didn't want to waste an appointment that another lady who desperately needs it could have. The bleeding has subsided today and is more like spotting, so hopefully it's coming to an end.

I am going to test again next week to make sure it's negative.

I can't believe that this time last week I had just got my bfp and I was over the moon. What a difference a week makes.

Thank you again for your support, it means so much at a time like this.

Sam

xx
  • Options
    Hi Sam,

How are you feeling?

That was very considerate of you all things considered re taking an appointment. Make sure you take care of you though! Do keep us posted on how you are feeling - sometimes its easier to talk to be people who aren't around you.

When you are ready hope you will join the family on the ttc thread in this forum.

Apple x