Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What now...?

We had our first-pregnancy miscarriage on 29th June and are slowly getting back to normal now, still in denial about a few things but definitely making progress, yesterday I went a whole day without crying once, which I feared I wouldn't be able to do for a long time, so that's good. 

We are still undecided about whether we will ttc straight away or leave it a while, but either way, I will need to know, will I ovulate on this cycle like you would after a normal af or does it not get back to normal until after your first proper period? The hospital said I could bleed for up to week or two but already after 4 days it's showing signs of getting lighter, I can use one normal pad for a whole day and night without it leaking through. 

My normal periods lasted about 5 days, so i'm wondering if this bleed is the same length as a normal af, will i ovulate the same time as usual?

Thank you for any responses and I hope you are all taking care of yourselves in this difficult time xx

Replies

• Options

hey all i can do i share my experience with you-

When i m/c i was 6 weeks pregnant it lasted same as my period which is 4 days then spotting for 2 days after, it took 6 weeks to get my first period which was like normal, i bleeds heavy too.

I dunno if im ovulating normaly but we started trying straight away, been 3 months now and still nothing. getting to the point of giving up, my sis in law just has a baby on the 28th she was 3 weeks early, shes sooo beautiful. just makes me want it even more lol xx