Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

9 recurrent miscarriages

Hi everyone I'm new to all this but just wondered if there was anyone else in the same boat as me. I have 2 beautiful boys aged 6 and 5, in 2007 I had a molar pregnancy and since then I've had 9 'unexplained' recurrent miscarriages, I've had every test in the book and the results have all come back as 'normal' I was referred to a recurrent miscarriage clinic last year and they have found nothing wrong either, plus I had nk cell testing done which came back as normal/11.7%. I am physically and emotionally drained and wondering wether or not to throw in the towel, as god has already blessed me with 2 wonderful boys. Has anybody out there had a similar experience? Any success stories? TIA x x

Replies

• Options
    despite your tests coming back normal have you ever had any assistance once you fall pregnant???? I ask because after 3 miscarriages I was also referred and all my tests came back totally normal..... despite this the day I got my next BFP I was given HCG injections twice a week and put on high strength folic acid..... I got scanned every week up until 12 weeks..... I am now 34 weeks pregnant with ny first baby.

I also have a friend who had normal test results after 4 miscarriages and was put on hearing and progesterone injections and she is now 20 weeks pregnant. So despite the normal test results we obviously still needed a helping hand.

I really feel for you going through it nine times though..... I had the worst three years of my life!!!! hope somebody gets some answers for you x
  • Options
    Hi 3054 the only thing my consultant will even consider giving me is progesterone suppositories as a precaution and I have had them with the last 5 pregnancies but no luck with them yet, he has never mentioned high strength folic acid or hcg injections, is this a precautionary measure? Congrats on your first baby how wonderful image x x
  • Options
    Even at the recurrent miscarriage clinic in Sheffield the professor there will not consider helping me with any meds.. I've asked what help I can get when I fall pregnant and they said reassurance scans and that I must have very 'bad luck' and just to keep trying, it's heartbreaking for us...
  • Options
    that is so bad.... there is only so much bad luck you can have and 9 miscarriages is way more than bad luck. I went to Liverpool women's hospital and couldn't recommend them enough..... they gave me the folic acid and HCG as they said it looked as though my body just needed a helping hand with sustaining the pregnancy..... once past 12 weeks they took me off everything and my body has done the rest..... I would ask your doctor about a referral to Liverpool.... I know its a treck but they were amazing with me...... reassurance scans do nothing to help sustain your pregnancy..... they just give you peace of mind... I'm sure Liverpool accept patients from anywhere with a referral. good luck hun x
  • Options
    Thank you for replying to my post it's nice to know there were in a similar situation but have wonderful success stories image I will mention the hcg shots and high strength folic acid to my doc and keep my fingers crossed..... Does it have to be a consultant that refers you or can it be my regular Gp? As its my consultant I am having the problems with, he was reluctant to refer me to Sheffield.. But none the less I will still go along and see him, I've read great things about Liverpool women's hospital so i will hope and pray he agrees to the referral, thank you again for your kind words and good luck to you and your baby image x x x
  • Options
    they accept referrals from your gp.... I can honestly say they were amazing with me.... I had a consultant at Preston who was useless and told me the same... thing wrong just bad luck keep trying.... I'm so glad I pushed to go Liverpool. good luck with everything x
  • Options
    3054 thanks so much for all of your advice and support I didn't even know about hcg injections or high strength folic acid and I'm definitely going to push for a referral to liverpool, good luck with everything x x
  • Options

I wish you luck Amy and sincerely hope for the best. I have had 2 miscarriages and i am worried i might have another one but i will mention hcg injections or high strength folic acid to my gp when next i am pregnant.

• Options
    Hi everyone .....I am in the 7th pregnancy ...after having a molar ....ectopic and 4 miscarriages .....I have been scanned today thinking I was 6 wks ....scan showed 5 weeks 4 days ....no heart beat .....come back in 2 weeks ....I have gone to different hospitals and been told its my age ....41 ....quality of my eggs .....trying progesterone pessaries at the moment .....don't hold out much hope .....