Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

3rd consecutive mc - referred to recurrent mc clinic what tests should they do?

Hello, 

Diagnosed with most recent mc last week. i had an early scan just over a week ago to check pregnancy due to previous miscarriages, should have been 8 weeks but all there was was an empty gestation sac, no yolk sac. Went for repeat scan 6 days later and sac smaller, hcg levels dropped so hospital arranged ERPC for next day. They arranged for tissue to be sent off for karyotype testing, but did say it might not be successful due to lack of yolk sac.

I will also be referred to the hospitalrecurrent miscarriage clinic for testing. 

Can anyone advise what tests the clinic are likely to do and what tests they should definitely do. I bought Lesley Regan's book, which is helpful but it us quite out if date.

Thank you in advance

Replies

• Options

After having my 3 recurrent mc (before 11 weeks) in October last year I was referred to the gynaecology department. On my first appt I had bloods taken and a general chat about background and details of my mcs. Had an appt 6weeks later to discuss results. Nothing really got sorted-they said that they may consider karyotyping on myself and my partner after another 6 weeks but nothing ever got sorted. I am now 19 weeks pregnant naturally with no extra treatment or advise from them. In my experience I did not find them at all useful but I hope they can be more useful to you though! best wishes

Dolly x