Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

preparing for my fourth miscarriage

Hi I have had three miscarriages. One at 5 weeks, one at 7 weeks and twins one at 8 one at 10 weeks. We were also refered to a reoccurent miscarriage clinic and tested for sticky blood syndrome and thyroids but all came back clear. I also have a bicornuate uterus but was told that shouldn't cause early miscarriages and also that chromosomal abnormalities were unlikely because I am young and only 24. We were advised to try again after feeling a little fobbed off we tried agaim. I am currently 8 weeks but bleeding for a little while now. I had a scan 6 days ago and all was ok although the last few days ive had cramps my boobs dont hurt and im not feeling sick anymore so I know whats coming for my scan on Tuesday im almost certain. I don't know where to go from here as I think ill be too scared to try again has anyone got any advice please? Thank you xxx

Replies

• Options

Hi Hun, I have also had recurrent miscarriages (4 in total) I was sent for test which come back clear and was then sent for a test to see how quick my blood clots, it turns out I have heridtary antithrombin which means its unlikely I could carry a baby without daily heprin injections, as my blood clots and starves the baby of oxygen. just a suggestion but maybe you could ask them to test u for this (it just helps to rule out all possibilities) as I know how frustrating the whole situation can be.

i hope everything goes well for you and I have my fingers crossed Hun x

• Options
    Aww im so sorry to hear that. Does this mean you will be trying again with the daily injections? I hope so image Ok thanks for that I will make a note of it and ask them. It is so frustrating I have been sick since before my period was even due from morning til last thing at night, I thought it was a good thing but now there is nothing I don't feel pregnant in the slightest. I will probably have to have the operation again like last time too. Im dreading it, partly because of the depression and anxiety this all brings with it. Thanks hun for your help I really appreciate it image xx
  • Options
    Loulou good luck at your scan. I will cross everything for you.
  • Options
    Thats very kind of you. Thank you so much. I will keep you posted xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies. All is okay for now. Although the bleed has got much worse. My bleeding and cramps have got bad also so its not looking good tbh. I have another scan on friday. Fingers crossed xx