Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I've had my 8th miscarriage and i'm losing all hope

I found out i was pregnant 1 week ago today and i had been bleeding quite heavily for 17 days so i went to see an on call doctor at the hospital. They took my blood to check my HCG levels and i was told that they were at 10 so i wasnt pregnant but the doctor booked me in for an ultrasound scan the following monday to see if they could see why i was bleeding so heavily and for that amount of time. I went back to the hospital on the monday and when a nurse shouted me she took me into a room and told me that my levels were not high enough to see baby and that i was less than 5 wks pregnant. i told her about what the other doctor had said about my levels being at 10 and not being pregnant and she informed me that on saturday my levels were at 198.80 and that i was pregnant. She sent me to get my bloods taken again to how much they had risen so they could book me for an u/s scan when they were high enough. I went home and a few hours later i phoned the hospital for my results and they told me that they had fallen to 114 and that it shows i have miscarried again. They booked me in for a scan for the next day to see if the pregnancy had ended as it should and see if the heavy bleeding was showing any problems. So i had a scan the next day and it showed that my uterus was completely empty and the pregnancy has ended as it should and miscarriage was confirmed.

A lot of people have said that tests should be carried out after the 2nd/3rd miscarriage but i have only been tested for one thing and my GP says that because ive had that 1 test that all the tests have been done when i know there are a lot more i can have. I have an appt in 2 weeks to see a gynea consultant and im going to ask for more tests.

Has anyone here been in this situation? Being a mother has always been a big part of my life and i have had an overwhelming urge to have a child for years now. People say women are put on the earth to have children and become mothers and i really am losing all hope. I just don't know what to do anymore image I have never made it to 5 weeks and they wont start the treatment to help me carry until i reach 6 weeks pregnant.