Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

miss my baby after miscarriage

I had a miscarriage almost two weeks ago should have been twelve weeks but baby had been dead inside for some weeks unknowingly. 

The guy I was with when I told him I was pregnant said it was him or the baby and I chose the baby, he stayed in touch by text et.

I started with brown spotting then cramps and pains and red blood. Rang the ambulance and when they went to do an internal I was passing baby so they scraped baby out and inserted pessaries inside me.

Knowing I was doing it on my own I had already bought pram, cot, furniture, toys etc. My son is devastated. I had such an uncomplicated pregnancy with him I didn't.think it would happen.

I feel so lonely and empty and still can't stop buying for baby. I have not told babys dad either. I think part of me is keeping baby alive this way.

I know when I tell him he will exit my life. My friends have been useless not interested and comments like you'll have another one, I don't want another one I want my baby back. 

Part of me is thinking about trying again without him knowing but he's been off since so feel like my chance has gone.

I don't want to go on without my baby am still bleeding which is awful as it just reminds me that I should be pregnant 

Replies

• Options

Oh applesauce, we're so sorry to hear of your loss. 

There are so lovely women on this Chat forum who've had similar experiences to you and who offer the most amazing support and advice. I'm sure some of them will be along soon to talk to you.

In the meantime, please be kind to yourself. And give yourself time before you make any big decisions.