Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

6 Week Bleed

Hi,

i started bleeding this morning. Sorry about the detail but it was like a clear mucous with brigh red streaks in to start with, it slowed down through the day and now it's just fresh blood. I have had no pain just a 'full' feeling in my lower abdomen like when your due on your period.

I went too see the GP this morning at the hospital and he had referred me to the early pregnancy unit tomorrow. 

This is my first pregnancy and I have no idea what they will do tomorrow and I'm terrified I'm miscarrying.

Ive changed 3 maxi pads throughout the day, not to the point where there soaked through after the initial rush on the toilet but a fair amount.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'be just got a feeling I'm miscarrying 

Thanks xx

Replies

• Options

didn't want to read and run. Bleeding in early pregnancy is common but not normal. Unfortunately since it's so early it could mean miscarriage however it could also turn out to be fine. I've had both cases, first pregnancy i bleed/spotted everyday until I finally had a misscarriage at 9 weeks. Second pregnancy I spotted when I was around 5 weeks for a good few days and I thought the worse, but it did just stop and hasnt come back since, im now almost 16 weeks. Good luck today let us know how you get on. X