Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Has anyone else bled at 12 weeks pregnant

I am only 17 and I found out that I was pregnant at the end of January. Around 7-8 weeks of being pregnant I start to spot light red blood when I would wipe, I made an appointment with my gp and he sent me straight to A&E for an early scan  , the scan shown my tiny baby at 8w2days with a fast heartbeat. I have had on and off spotting which i was told was normal. I had my 12 weeks scan last Wednesday and everything was fine. On Friday morning I woke up with a really sore backache (lower) and the pain was on and off all day. On Saturday night I got intense shooting pains in my lower part of my stomach and thought something was wrong. When I woke up on sunday I felt more shooting Pains in my stomach but they wasnt as bad. When I went to the toilet I passed blood with my urnine and as I wiped i could see bright red blood. Throughout the day I’ve been suffering with still the same shooting pains and sore back I have been bleeding very lightly since. Is this normal? Or should I be worrying? 

Replies

• Options

I'd go back to a&e, I don't want you to worry but this happend to me, I was miscarrying, it took 2 weeks to complete. I really hope it ain't and will have my fingers crossed for you :(

• Options

oh no I am really sorry for your loss:( if you don’t mind me asking how many weeks was you when this happened? I phoned my midwife up yesterday and she told me to contact my gp for a consultation the doctor said that my urine sample came back and that I have a urine infection, but he didn’t seem bothered about the bleeding that I have been getting. When I woke today I had watery blood when I went to the toilet. I am on antibiotics for my infection but I do think there’s more to this. 

• Options

did they say how bad a urine infection? If it's bad and in your kidneys that could cause your bleeding. 

I had a bleed at 16 weeks - all was fine but I took myself to a&e and refused to leave until they did a scan and showed me my baby so may be worth a shot! Everything crossed for you x

• Options

No they never told me how bad the infection is they only said “they found something in my urine”. I Haven’t had anymore bleeding since this morning but I’ve been getting really sharp pains in my stomach. I’m only 13weeks1day today and am really anxious:( X