Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can GBS cause bleeding?

Okay so I have had a scan at 8wks 2days and everything was fine after I had bleeding. Then at my 12wks scan everything else was fine with the baby. The day after I was bleeding (thursday night) and noticed the blood was in the toilet it didn’t look bright but when I kept wiping it was getting brighter. I’ve had this for up to a week now And it’s like its on and off where I’ll have some blood in the toilet, then ill have watery blood in my underwear when I wake up, brown discharge to bright blood when I wipe, when I phoned my midwife she told me to contact my gp, so as I did he only wanted a consultation over the phone he told me that i need antibiotics as there was something found in my urine, the next day I got a letter from the hospital that said I have group b strep (GBS) they informed me that this couldn’t cause bleeding? I’m just curious to see why I may be getting the bleeding if anyone else has gone through this. Thanks 

Replies

• Options

I had GBD and didn’t have any bleeding. A Urine infection can cause bleeding though so if you also have that this could be why.

intelated but with my 1st I bled every month until I was 16w pregnant so I was late finding out, some women just bleed. 

If your concerned go to EPAS 

x