Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1 baby - 4 pregnancies

I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and since i have had her I have had 2 miscarriages and pregnant again.;\)

Would like to hear from other people in similar situations. I am only just over 5 weeks but have been experiencing pain (thankfully no bleeding).

Replies

• Options
    I'm not in the same sitaution...but I had an mc last year...7 weeks at the mo...and i've also had some pain...what are you experiencing? xx p.s congratulations xxx
  • Options
    I'm not in the same sitaution...but I had an mc last year...7 weeks at the mo...and i've also had some pain...what are you experiencing? xx p.s congratulations xxx
  • Options
  • Options
    hi everyone!!!!image yet again i am not in the same situation but i mc 2yrs ago at 9 weeks and now am pregnant again and currently at 9 weeks so a bit scary.i experienced a lot of pain and got addmitted to hospital but they couldnt work it out.have a checkup scan nxt thursday but when i was 6weeks i had a scan t make sure the babywas alive and i saw a faint heart beat imagex x x x x but do u stillconstantly worry about finding blood and mc?????
  • Options
    It's definitely in the back of my mind...but the best thing I can do is be positive and look after myself. Which is what all mummies to be should do! Even you Rachel and little baby boo! xx
  • Options
    Hiya, I am on my 5th pregnancy but only my 2nd child (when i get to term!) I experienced a lot of pain during the first 12 weeks but no bleeding and worried constantly over every niggle. I am now almost at 23 weeks and still worrying over every single niggle! After chatting to a lot of women on here it seems that the extra worrying is part and parcel of a pregnancy after m/c. Sazzy has good advice of staying positive and looking after yourself. I've been extra cautious throughout this pregnancy and will continue to be until i get to meet my little bundle! I hope that everything goes well for you during your pregnancy and try not to worry (although easier said than done!!) Claire xxx
  • Options
    I'm the first to admit I worry too much. I was actually at the drs earlier this week as I panicked when I started having shoulder pain. Burst into tears on the phone to the nurse so she made me go up. She checked me out and even did me ANOTHER test (that'll be 7 then!) cos I was convinced it wasn't there! Turns out I'd pulled a muscle in my shoulder moving my king size bed. How silly is that?? PLEASE, NOONE DO THAT!!!
    Anyway I'm ok now....nice to other people are out there just like me xxxx
  • Options
    hi im the same as you too rachelt i have a healty 2.5 year old daughter fell preg last april all was fine till i went to my scan at 12 weeks to find i had a blighted ovum(sac no baby) tried again a few months later misscaried at 6 weeks i am now almost 15 weeks baby is fine i have suffered a lot of pain and a bleed at 8 weeks but feel much better now stay possitive and be strong it really helps , have you asked for an early scan?
  • Options
    Sorry been out shopping - how I love being on half term!!!

I am seeing my midwife on Thursday. However, I ended up at the doctors on Wednesday as the pain had become worse and noticed some bleeding. The doctor got the midwife to phone me, but it wasn't the one that i normally deal with. I asked whether or not an early scan would be possible and she said that they don't do reassurance scans only of there was a problem.

When i told her my history and the fact the pains and the bleeding she just said you are very early and if this was going to miscarry this would be the time. I felt really low after that, but luckily i have some good friends who have kept me afloat during all of this. Hopefully when I see my midwife on Thursday she will get in contact with EPAC and get me an early scan. With both my other pregnancies I have not actually miscarried but ended up having to have a D&C, but it is still as heart wrenching as physically loosing.

• Options
    Just thought that i would let you all know, that I had a scan today and I saw a baby with a heartbeat. It was a total shock as I had started bleeding yesterday and had convinced myself that this was going to end in the same way as the other pregnancies have.

The only downside is she is scanning me 10 days later than my dates. I am 7 weeks 2 days according to my LMP and she is scanning me at 6 weeks. She reassured me that there is a 10 day difference due to fertilization etc. I am ecstatic.
  • Options
    Awh brilliant! I'm 8+1 today, I have my proper dating scan on 29th March. I had my early scan as I had pains and bleeding too which showed the midwife was a week out on my dates grrr hehe! How are you anyway? xx
  • Options
    Congratulations Rachel!! I'm very pleased for you that everything has turned out to be fine!! I had a mc last October which was awful as I had been to my doctors cos I had really bad pains but he told me it was a symptom of pregnancy and to go home and take some paracetamol! I miscarried the next day at nearly 9 weeks. Only 7 weeks later I found I was pregnant again and everytime I've had a twinge of tummy ache I've been convinced it was going wrong again. I am now 16 weeks and despite having had 2 scans, both showing a baby with a heartbeat I'm still nervous!! Fortunately most of the tummy ache I've had has been because of wind or constipation!!!
    Keep positive, relax and try to enjoy it - I'm sure everything will be perfect!!

LOL Donna
  • Options
    Thank you both so much. I am feeling so much better. I don't know if it was psychological but as soon as I left the hospital yesterday the twinges and the pains didn;t seem to be as bad.

Feeling really well considering!! My last 2 pregnancies (the ones that miscarried) felt very different to this one. There was almost an empty feeling with them, which I don;t have this time. I didn't actually have anything there the last 2 times, just a sac. So I feel so much more relieved seeing a baby this time, it feels real.
  • Options
    Glad everything went well today Rachel. I haven't been through anything like you all have but my sister has had two m/c. one when she was 19 and then another one a couple of years ago. She has been trying to get pregnant ever since and unfortunately unsuccessful - hopefully she will get there in the end and anyway she will be a great aunt!!!! Congratulations again Rachel Michelle xxxx