Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mild brown sporting. No pain. Is this a MC?

I will be 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Last night I woke up to maybe a teaspoon of brown blood in my underwear. I haven't lost anymore only when I wipe i see remnants of brown blood on the tissue paper but it's not lining my underwear.

Is this normal in pregnancy or could I be losing my baby? Barely slept last night as I kept rushing to the bathroom to check! I've got no pain at all. I have been lucky so far with no symptoms other than tirednese so overall I feel fine with symptoms. 

Replies

• Options

Please don't worry unless it is bright red and heavy. I've had two MC and it was painful and more like a period.  It can be implantation. Brown is old blood and very rarely anything to worry about. Some times it can be caused after having intercourse due to a higher amount of blood in that area and loads of large blood vessels being irrated. Congratulations!! P.s by this time your babies little heart should be beating.

• Options

Thank you so much for your response. It has put my mind at ease somewhat. I'll monitor the spotting and pray it doesn't get worse :)