Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Potential miscarriage

I've had faint BFP and strong symptoms since a week on Monday. Retested every other day and it got stronger test both clearblue and first response. Friday unfortunately I started bleeding. I would only have been 4weeks and 1 day according to my last missed period however I don't no when I ovulated and my cycles are between 29-31 days so I could have been as little as 3 weeks +5. The bleeding was so very heavy on Saturday. Slowed to stop on Sunday. Pregnancy test Monday was very strong. GP called Early pregnancy unit who said to go back if bleeding starts or if I have pain. Well bleeding started Monday afternoon. Only light but so did the lower back pains. I couldn't go in because I had my kids and no child care. Tuesday (yesterday) no bleeding until the afternoon again but I called early pregnancy unit and they done my bloods. HCG was 59 they said that alone tells them nothing so I am going back tomorrow for repeat levels. I could have been between 5weeks and 4+4 tomorrow. I'm still very symptomatic but I'm not holding my breath. Has anyone had similar and got any successful stories? 

Replies

• Options
    HCG 2 days later was only 75. Went in yesterday for a scan and nothing was seen in or out of womb but with the small levels I'm not surprised. They did find small free fluid in pelvis. Not sure what that is yet. I'm back today for more bloods. I no they are thinking ectopic pregnancy and because I no they are thinking ectopic pregnancy I don't no if I am imagining the symptoms or if they are real. I had a panic attack yesterday but I calmed myself down and I was fine when distracted. I'm still hoping by some very huge miracle that everything will be ok and baby will be fine and grow in the right place and hormones start to really pick up. Bleeding has definitely stopped now which im happy about 
  • Options
    Sorry to say but HCG grows is not good Hun. I wouldn't get my hopes up....so sorry x
  • Options
    I no 😔 just praying it's not ectopic!! X
  • Options
    Today's levels are 66 so they have come down but not as much as they would like!
  • Options
    I believe during ectopic HCG would rise but most a lot...as it's coming down it is MC...so sorry Hun xx it is horrible experience x
  • Options
    Sigsauer said:
    I believe during ectopic HCG would rise but most a lot...as it's coming down it is MC...so sorry Hun xx it is horrible experience x
    Thanks, yeah I'm actually relieved it's coming down as that takes away the fear of anything else. Just waiting for a phone call to tell me what they want to do next. I'm hoping they allow it to come down more  without giving me an injection. It's been the worst week of my life but I am blessed with 2 incredible kids I just would love another. Hopefully we will have success next time x
  • Options
    Your rainbow baby will find you when is time Hun xx
  • Options
    So at the moment it's a waiting game. My levels on Monday went up again but just to 78. I'm a confusing case apparently. 
    HCG 16/7 = 59 
    18/7  = 75
    20/7 = 66
    22/7 = 78

What is even going on? Technically today I would have been 6weeks but my dates could have been off. 
    They have decided to stop repeating them every other day and instead wait a week. 

I'm booked in for a repeat HCG and scan on Monday. I'm hoping my body manages to miscarry naturally! And sooner rather than later. It's my daughter's birthday on the 5th and were away for it. Everything's just feeling so shitty right now!
  • Options
    Incase anyone reads this in a similar position. My one annoyance is nobody ever comes back to posts to update people. I was found to have had an ectopic pregnancy. Mass of 2cm was found near my ovary. I was being prepped for theatre immediately after this but my bloods returned showing HCG had dropped to below 5! It was a very emotional day. 
    I was told the mass will dissolve on its own. I didn't need any surgery or treatment which I feel so lucky for. I was also given the all clear to start trying again. I'm very nervous about it incase it happens again. 

I'm now cycle day 34 from the first day of my "miscarriage" but only 2 weeks from the time my HCG was found to be less than 5. 
    I'm waiting another 2 weeks to see if my AF shows before repeating another pregnancy test. I've gone from regular periods to now not knowing my body. If anyone is in the same position as me I wish you all the luck. It's such a horrible emotional time