Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Different AF symptoms to usual after mc, advice please!

Hi all, not sure if this is the right group to post in, I'm feeling abit down in the dumps at the moment.

I had an early mc beginning of Sept, lasted for 10 days, took a hpt after bleeding stopped and was negative (bittersweet) been ttc since then using opks but never got a positive result, 5 weeks after mc I started to get very bad stomach pains, after visiting gp he done s few tests, while waiting for these results I got my first AF and when he rang me with results he said I tested positive for pregnancy, after a whole stressful few days of weather I was miscarrying again and seeing a epau nurse I was told it was just my period and must of been left over hcg, fast foward to this month I got  a positive opk on the 1st Nov but I havnt had my usual sore breasts after ovulation which I used to get before mc, does this mean I havnt ovulated  again? Is there a chance I could still have residual hcg in my body? Also does anyone know if you can get a peak on opks if you still have hcg in your system?

Sorry for the long post and questions, I just feel I need some answers and some closure 😩

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi, sorry u have been through this. If u tested negative after mc when bleeding stopped and then got a positive at dr 5 weeks later. It is not residual hcg it was another mc. I'm sorry, but that's the truth, I have no idea why they told u that crap mb to boost ur mood, but it's good to have mc noted in ur file, because bloody assholes want three to investigate. And as much as I wish from bottom of my heart that u will get pregnant just fine and there will be no more, it is still better to have it in ur file.

So hcg is suppressing Lh surge and ovulation  to protect pregnancy. However if ur hcg is very low it is possible to get a lh surge. 

If u never had positive opk it is possible that it was hcg still there suppressing it and idd it was residual, or u simply missed ur peak. It is impossible to say. 

U experienced mc once, how did that second time feel, u know the answer. We feel it we know it. I can tell when I mc and when I get af without positive hpt. I'm sure u can too. So go with ur gut feeling.

Only with opk u will not be able to tell if u ovulated or not. It is possible that mc changed the way u experienCe ur cycle but it is also possible u didn't ovulate and there is no progesterone to cause ur symptoms. 

Unfortunately only way to tell is ultrasound,  blood test for progesterone after ovulation or bbt, so I'm afraid it's too late to find out.

I'm also afraid that after anovulatory cycle if it was idd the case u may have very light period or u may skip it completely. 

My advise is to start bbt immediately,  it can give u some answers.

I'm so sorry it has to be so hard, I'm always up for a chat, I'm sure u know it tho.

Hugs
  • Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply @MadDoda
    I appreciate  all the advice/information you give to me and help me understand more about what's happening.

I think I'll take your advice and start bbting for next cycle.

It  really means alot that you take the time to reply even though I've asked some questions before.
  • Options
    Ur always welcome, I wish I could help more tho. But as I said if u didn't ovulate u may skip a period, that's why I suggest bbt coz that may help spotting that. How many dpo are u
  • Options
    11dpo hum. Let's hope u did ovulate and got some luck this time. By 16dpo u should know.  Hugs
  • Options
    I got my first AF after mc on 12th Oct, so I'm expecting it anyday now, only time will tell x
  • Options
    I oved at cd10 last time, so don't delay tracking too much! Hopefully u will not need to :) I'm actually considering giving up.
  • Options
    In feeling very much like you at the moment, I dont know how much more heartache I can take, and if it does eventually happen the stress and worry over thinking will I mc again, when we decided to try to number 2 I did not expect this is how the journey would go, considering my first pregnancy was a total surprise and the pregnancy  couldn't  of went smoother, I was being very naive thinking the same would happen again 
  • Options
    If u need a break just have it. But fear stays. I mced before my son and I was same scared this time and then u mced twice more. Not much we can do. I'm blessed with a miracle child, no idea how he made it, especially that I had exciting end game. That's why I consider giving up, if I have to wait for long months like before my son, to mc then, I rather don't have kids anymore.