Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Odd question.. do your breasts go back to normal?

Hi ladies, I have a very odd question for those who have experienced miscarriage before. 

I had a missed miscarriage last week at 7 weeks. I’m still technically pregnant but I’m going in soon to medically induce the miscarriage. My breasts blew up when I was newly pregnant, and the breast tenderness has generally gone away since the baby stopped developing. But they’re huuuuge, I’m so uncomfortable! It probably sounds so stupid, but it just feels like a sad reminder of what could have been. I so badly want them to go back down to normal; I want to “feel normal” again. I know all our bodies are different, but I’m curious if they’ll shrink a bit after the procedure. Jogging is so uncomfortable. Laying around the house without a bra sucks. Also, for those with hormonal acne.. does that subside quickly too? I don’t even want to look in the mirror these days. 

Xoxo

Replies

• Options
    I’m sorry to hear about your mc. I’d imagine they’ll go back to normal and yes when your hormones settle down your skin will clear up too x 
  • Options
    Hi

I'm sorry for your loss, life really sucks sometimes.

Just to warn you, you may get milk coming in after the procedure. Nobody told me it could happen, and after my first mc (12 week scan showed baby had died at 9.5 weeks due to a partial molar pregnancy) my milk came in 2 days after the ERPC. It felt like another massive kick in the teeth by my body, and brought upset back again. 

I've had 2 x 5+4 miscarriages and then on Monday this week found out at my 12 week scan that the baby had died at just over 8 weeks. I'm going in for another ERPC on Friday and expect my milk to come in over the weekend.

It's so horrible. X