Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

12 week scan and another baby died a few weeks ago

So incredibly sad and heartbroken.

Dh was wonderful right from the beginning after we got the positive test result. He's also been amazing since I went for the scan on Monday but we're just so devastated. He was certain things were going well, whereas I kept having a feeling that I'd get to the scan and there would be no heartbeat.....if only instincts were wrong.

This is the second time this has happened to me, the first time baby developed to 9.5 weeks but it was a partial molar pregnancy, which caused 9 months of sending samples to a hospital not local to me before we could try again. Two 5+4 losses and now this one. 

I do have children, but this was dh and my first baby together. We're so gutted, and time is not on my side as I'm classed as an older mum x

Replies

• Options
    I’m so sorry for your losses. I just went through something similar, and had a D&C yesterday to remove the pregnancy tissue. It’s heartbreaking. You’re so tough, I hope you know that. Wishing you all the best right now ♥️
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss
  • Options
    @HopefulMom28 and @Summer08 thank you for your support, I really appreciate it.

I had the ERPC on 22nd and it was horrible going through it all without dh with me. The hospital staff were all lovely though, and they gave me a memory box with things in for the baby, and told me what I can do about cremation. 

I have days where I feel incredibly sad, and others when I'm ok. We would have shared our news with family and friends by now, but we've only told Dh's cousin and my 2 teenagers, nobody else knows. Dh had done research into all sorts of things, was talking about names and was so incredibly excited. I feel like I've failed him by not keeping our baby healthy and growing, though I know in reality that I did everything right. 

Dh and I dtd for the first time last night and we didn't use protection. The consultant told me I needed a b-hcg blood test 6 weeks after the ERPC to ensure everything is ok following the partial molar pregnancy I previously had.

I've just done a pg test this morning to see if my hormone levels have gone yet and there was a very faint line, it's definitely going down, almost gone I would say. I have no symptoms at all of having the hormone in me. Dh and I don't want to wait so long as time is not on my side and it took us a year to conceive as it was. I'm going to ring the gp tomorrow and see if I can have the test earlier, as it looks like the hormone will be gone in a couple of days anyway.

@HopefulMom28 I'm sorry you've just gone through similar, it's heartbreaking isn't it. Even though the baby is small, it's a whole future, plans, excitement and love you've lost when it happens. Hoping you heal quickly and you get your rainbow baby soon xx