Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

MC - UPDATED 27/01

Hi ladies,

Not sure why I am posting this, but thought I would say how comforting it is to share some of your experiences. I wil try not to rant but it's helpful to write this down. I found out this morning that I misscarried on Monday at 7+3.

I do feel sad. I know it's my body's way of saying it wasn't meant to be this time. At least it has happened early on as well (sorry if this offends anyone but I am not sure how I would feel if this happened later in pregnancy). The nurse this morning said the foetus was only 1.2mm so in my mind I am thinking more of a little ball of cells that unfortunately didn't have all the right ingredients to become a baby.

But in a way I am also relived since I have been in limbo since Monday. I have the Op booked for next Tuesday afternoon and am hoping to make it until then without naturally MC. But I have read your stories and even that doesn't seem so bad as I had been led to believe.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you again for all sharing your stories, which have made me feel better.

Good luck to those ttc and hugs to all

BS xx

UPDATE 27/01 (site ate my update, grr!)

Nothing happened over the weekend so I had my erpc yesterday. It went OK, no complications, and no followup so everything should be fine. If anyone would like to know about the Op, just email me and I will do my best to help. Emotionally I was very matter of fact yesterday and today but to be honest I do still feel sad and I can't bring myself to look at the Due in Sept forum just yet.

My hubbie has taken it harder though, funny cos I thought that ttc was mainly my idea but it seems that he wants a baby son or daughter as much as I do. Feels funny seeing that written down image. He is also going through the mill this week since he found out on Monday that he is under consultation to be made redundant - great timing :\(

Anyway just wanted to say again thank you all for your kind words and support. I don't know who I would have coped without this forum.

BS xx

[Modified by: Babysteps on 27 January 2010 08:13:33 ]

[Modified by: Babysteps on 28 January 2010 08:34:17 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hello Babysetps,

I am so so sorry to hear of your loss. Its so sad when there is a new lady - I mean this is a nice way. x

We are a lovely bunch here and if you have any questions just hola.

If you feel like you want to rant - please do - we wont be offended - we sometimes need a good rant and this forum is a great place of doing it as we all unfortunately understand.

how is your oh?

do you have friends and family that you can be with (if you want to).

For the next few days my advice would be to take some time out and to go with your emotions.

we're all here for you babysteps.

lots of love

purplebubbles
    x x x
  • Options
    Babysteps, I am very sorry for your loss.

Feel free to write as much as you like on here, as purplebubbles says, we all understand.

It is a difficult time waiting for the op as it like being in limbo but the hospital will be very understanding and the procedure is not physically a difficult one. You just need to make sure you are looking after yourself emotionally.

Do go with your feelings, I found that I was fine one minute then crying the next. I am a week on from my op and had been having a 'good' couple of days but just cried down the phone to my hubby for no apparent reason!
    Do ask anything you want to, we will help you in anyway we can. Feel free to e-mail if you want to.

Take care of yourself
    xx

• Options
    Hi,
    Without meaning to cause offence to others I can totally relate to how you feel, I mc at 5+2 in December, which really meant nothing to me other than it being a bummer that i'd have to wait another month. I'm sure had this been my first loss then I would have been devastated, but i lost my son Ewan at 27 weeks in September and Dec's loss really was nothing in comparison!!

Saying that, I am sorry for your loss and that you are having to go through a procedure, I was very early along and it was nothing more than a heavy period to me.

Everyone deals with their grief differently and if you need to rant in here then you should go right ahead. I hope the op goes as well as it can on Tuesday xx
  • Options
    Hi purplebubbles, opalfruit, Dotty Jackie (great bunch of usernames ;0)

Thanks for your replies. Purplebubbles, OH (Hubbie) seems OK on the surface, we have had a hug and a smile or two, but underneath I know he is upset. We'll get through it, I know. I'm just a bit up and down today, this was my first pg at 33, it feels like a bit of a blow. Anyway thank you all for replying, I really do appreciate it xx
  • Options
    Hello sweetheart,

So sorry for your loss, we are a lovely bunch of ladies who have been through similar experiences and are for you when you need to rant/moan etc...

Know what you mean and how you feel about it happening in early and I am the same. You sound like you are dealing with it all so well hun, well done for being so strong.

Will be thinking of you on Tuesday hun xxx

• Options
    just wanted to say i'm sorry you've had to join us hun and ((((((((hugs))))))))) xx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your news, I think Purplebubbles & Opalfruit have pretty much covered the sort of reply that I wouldve given so I wont repeat it.

You know were we are hun & hope tues goes as well as it possibly can xx
  • Options
    Hi hun, so sorry to hear of your loss (((hugs))) xx
  • Options
    Hi hun,

Sorry I've not replied before - me heads been a little all over the place lately!

I'm really sorry that you've had to go through this, though hopefully after the ERPC you can start to grieve and move forward when you are ready.

As regards to the due in forum - maybe try and stay out of there? I know that whenever I looked in mine I just becme more upset as I was reminded of how far I should have been etc etc.

Don't forget, anytime you need us we're all here

lots of hugs

xxx
  • Options
    Hi hun,

Sorry I've not replied before - me heads been a little all over the place lately!

I'm really sorry that you've had to go through this, though hopefully after the ERPC you can start to grieve and move forward when you are ready.

As regards to the due in forum - maybe try and stay out of there? I know that whenever I looked in mine I just becme more upset as I was reminded of how far I should have been etc etc.

Don't forget, anytime you need us we're all here

lots of hugs

xxx