Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Natural MC started today - what can I expect?

Hi ladies

Thank you all so much for your support on my previous post. As I said then I had a scan last Weds at 9+1 and found out that we'd had a MMC somewhere between 7 and 9 weeks (probably nearer 7). I stopped taking my IVF medication on Weds and was advised to wait a few days for things to happen naturally and to get in touch today to book an EPRC if nothing had happened. Last night I started getting cramps and had a bit of red blood. Had cramps through the night and this morning and more red bleeding - like the start of AF. I've been scaring myself by Googling, so have stopped that now. I just wonder if anyone has had a natural MC and what I should expect? Also, I think I could still ask for an EPRC tomorrow - does anyone think there's any point?

So sad - this is all hard enough without having to go through he physical stuff too.

Thanks so much.

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Daisy Girl,

First of all sorry to hear of your MMC.

i had a natural MC 3 1/2 weeks ago, i was 5 weeks gone, for me it was just like a really heavy period, with all the cramps etc and passing alot of clots. Luckily the period pains went after a day or two and the heavy bleeding slowed down after a day or two and was just a light bleeding for the next week. stopped bleeding altogether after 10 days and have had no pain or anything since. Not sure if you should expect the same as you were a bit further gone. i haven't had to have a scan or anything as luckily i passed everything naturally and don't have any further pain etc, i think they say if you don't stop bleeding after two weeks or are in pain then you should seek further advice and you would probably be scanned.

Hope this has helped, the pain does get easier, i still think about it all the time, but i also know that i am not alone in what i have gone through and it doesnt mean anything is wrong etc, keeping fingers crossed for 2010.

xx
  • Options
    Hi, I knw how u feel I was completely scared n didnt knoe what to expect. It does vary from one person to the next but I started having light bleeding which just got worse no matter what I done and then 24 hrs later I started passing clotts. It took me 6 days to stop bleeding. I was 6wks. Didnt have much pain though just felt uncomfortable.

So sorry to here this is happening to u. I know how hard n I wish u all the luck for 2010. xx
  • Options
    Hi Daisy Girl

I had natural MC last Tuesday - started with brown spotting on the Friday before with cramps. Monday after EPA scan had persistant period pain. Tuesday early am starting red blood with bad cramps and clots - persistant bleed through day and for next 5 - 6 days.

I hope that you dont suffer too much hon - its such a bloomin horrid thing to go through. Sending you love and [[[[ hugs ]]]] Mand x
  • Options
    Hey DG thought I might find you in here. Hope you are holding up. If you mc naturally it will probably be like a very heavy period with some large clots it is not nice and mine lasted about 2 weeks, although it did have a few days respite in the middle. Lots of tlc, a hot water bottle and bed rest. Really hope it is not too mean to you. Of course the emotional side takes much longer xx love and hugs xx
  • Options
    My MC was at 8 weeks. I had 3days period type bleeding, then 4 days where it got heavier (pad every hour) and I was passing clots and had painful cramps in the afternoons. (hot water bottle on the base of my back and paracetomol helped me through it. then had a further week of more 'normal' bleeding after that.
    Hope you get through it quickly with minimal pain.
    Gxx
  • Options
    Hi hun,

so sorry that you're having to go through this. I had a mc 4 weeks ago at 6 weeks, although the spotting started the week before. When my mc started properly I bled quite heavily (needing to have to change every hour) with some cramping, not painful but uncomfortable. I bled for about 5 days in the end, although the ladies are right in that it takes much longer to get over emotionally (if you ever do at all). (although this is TMI and something you don't want to think about right now, please remember not to use tampons as they can cause infection, something that EPU forgot to tell me)

I found the ladies on here to be just the tonic I needed. You'll probably go through a range of emotions, upset, distress, anger, asking yourself wy me? what did I do wrong? But if you only remember one thing from my post, is that it is not in any shape or form your fault, please remember that hunny.

Please use us on here as much as you can, it will really help you, I promise :\) Try not to put too much pressure on yourself, and I found taking an hour at a time, rather than a day at a time, really helped me.

Sending you lots of hugs

xxx
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your replies, I so wish none of you had gone through any of this, but your advice and support has been a huge help. It's been a bit of a traumatic day. I had cramps all morning and then about half an hour in the middle of the day of really bad pain. I then passed a lot of clots and, well, everything else. I thought I was going to pass out or be sick, but managed to stay on my feet. I then had more contraction-like pains for the rest of the afternoon but they've got much better now. Still passing a lot of clots and bleeding heavily but I think we're through the worst of it. Although I'd looked on the internet I really was unprepared for it all. So glad it's over but do feel quite traumatised and think DH does too. Thank goodess he was here for it all. Feel as if at least we're now moving forwards instead of backwards. Ok, I'm rambling now. I just wanted to say thank you. I have a feeling this forum is going to be a huge support and as much as I wish none of us had to be here, thank goodness for lovely supportive ladies like you.

xxx
  • Options
    Hi, just wanted to say hope ur holding up. I know what a horrible time it is n the ladies on here r really supportive. I have posted quite a few questions on here as its hard not knowing what is going on with are bodies n what 2 expect but we all have felt the same at some point. Hope u r feeling better soon. xx
  • Options
    Morning Daisy Girl

Hope you had a good nights rest and arent suffering too much today?
    Take it easy hon but expect to feel up and down over the next few days.
    Love and best wishes
    Mandx
  • Options
    Hi Sweetheart,

hope your holding up as well as you can be during this time. It's not nice passing naturally & I think everyone has such different experiences.

We were very traumertised too I passed most naturally in hosp as I had contractions the whole way through & was bleeding far to heavy as the pg wasnt breaking down I ended up passing it whole I had the erpc 2 days later to stop the bleeding & remove the last small bits of placenta that were left behind.

Sending you lots of hugs & hope your over the worst so you can start to greive & recoup. xxx