Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is anyone dreading Christmas or is it just me :(

Hello

I haven't really been on here for a while although have been keeping up with you ladies froma distance. I had a MMC at the end of May at 8 weeks and would have been due over the Christmas holidays. Despite our best efforts I am still not pg (it took a year the first time) and I am really worried about Christmas. To make it worse my SIL was due a few weeks before me and has salied through her pg so will have her new baby on Christmas day.

Even seeing decorations in a shop or thinking too much about what we might do over Christmas fills me with panic. and starts me crying I can't really avoid my OHs family but also cannot face the thought of it all either. It's not all down to SIL of course but it makes things seem worse. Unfortunately OH parents not well either so he will want to see them at xmas so only option is going or staying on my own....

Was anyone else due around xmas and feeling like me or am I just over-reacting?? :cry:

xx

Replies

• Options
    you're not over-reacting at all. i would only have been 5months at xmas time, but I'm still not looking forward to it like I usually would. I was planning to get a video camera ready for baby. would have been buying nursery stuff too. It's gonna be a tough time for all of us, and more for you with the due date. but just come on here lots - we'll all be her for each other.
    Gems
    xx
  • Options
    Yeah I'm kind of worried about it. We had a MC 2 weeks ago and I would have been 19 weeks by Xmas so not gonna have bump. Also we were going to ask family for baby presents rather than for us as it's our 1st and need everything. Now don't want to do that until we get pg again. I am desperate to be pg by Xmas as I think it would be easier to deal with if you have the next one to look forward to but it could be wishful thinking to get pg so soon after mc.
    Will be a kind of sad day that should have been so happy and exciting for all my family, not just me and DH.