Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Poss TMI question after erpc

Sorry for all the tmi in this in advance. I had an erpc 4 weeks ago this friday. Unfortuantly when they done it this time round they didnt get all of the pg tissue & the following day I passed a large clot the bleeding then seemed to subside & I just had some old blood staind cm for about a week & a half. I had then been put on antibiotics just incase of infection. I've had no bleeding or spotting then today when going to the loo & wiped I had a large bit of cm bloodstained again with old blood!! Again sorry about all the tmi.

Has anyone experienced this? last time I had an erpc I had passed most of the pg in hospital & just had the erpc to remove some of the placenta that was left behind after that I only spotted for a day after & then nothing with the chem pg it was like a heavy af for just over a week & then it stopped with no spotting, I could call my gp later but dont want to waste there time if it's nothing to worry about. I just have never had this before and expected it all to be out now as I havent bleed or spotted for nearly 2 wks now.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Luvvie - sorry i can't help really, My ERPC was last Friday and I am still having brown cm. What i did find strange is that one day there seemed to be a v small amount and then the next day not so much, I assume this is normal as never had ERPC before, but it does seem to be tailing off now.

Perhaps give your local EPAS/EPAU a ring, they told me i could ring anytime with a question, and usually someone who know's what they are talking about isn't far away (sorry bad experience with my GP surgery post mc), hope that someone can help you more than i can.

Jodie xx
  • Options
    Thanks Jodie for taking the time to reply. Mine had been the same as yours tailed off & that was it. I think it just does take a while to get back to normal, im aching now tho on my sides!!! I think it must be everything going back to pre pg state xxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies
    I had mine on Wed but I had more of a AF than a little bit of bleeding as they described at the hospital???? It seems to be less now so hopefully it will go soon. One thing I have learned from this is that our bodies do funny things when we least expect it but if you are worried then give the hospital or midwife a ring. Mine said i can still call her if I had any questions.

• Options
    Hi Kathy,

I think maybe it was just a bit of old blood that hadnt come out!! Sorry that sounds horrible. I just thought that 4 wks later that wouldve been it, i've had so many different experiences with all this I thought I'd know what my body was up too by now, how wrong was I. I'll just keep an eye, we have a mc apt nxt tues so i'll speak to them or GP before hand if I need to.

Thanks Ladies xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Laujai,

When I had my erpc they seemed to take most of it, I had what you could describe as a normal AF for about a week afterwards, but then no bleeding til AF turned up about 6 and a bit weeks later, are you having any painful cramps ?sorry for tmi but does your discharge have any kind of odour? Im only asking as I went back to the docs 4 weeks after mine as I was cramping she said that as I wasnt having smelly discharge and my abdomen wasnt too bloated she said she wasnt worried, but its always worth getting checked out if your not sure as you want to make sure everything is ok Love Luc xxx
  • Options
    Hi Luc,

Thanks hun, it seems to have stopped now so I think maybe it was just a bit of old blood that hadnt worked its way out!!! (sorry for tmi). There is no odour so I think I can rule out infection. The ache is like you get after the erpc I think maybe alot of it is hormonal as my (.).) have been aching a bit as well and under my arms!!! Im not worrying about when AF shows up I know it will be when it's good & ready & my body is back to some sort of normality. xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Laujai

Sorry I can't be much help but with my erpc I bled for about three days and then nothing untill I had my period four weeks and two days later. Could this be the beginning of af?
    Sorry I can't be of more help

xx
  • Options
    hi hunny how are you feeling today?xxxx
  • Options
    Hi lovely

Well after that bit of blood stained cm i've been fine but last nite started having a few minor aches & had a bit of pink cm & today have had a bit more spotting with slight backache so im wondering if af is on her way. If she is then im quite pleased cause that should mean my body is getting back to some normality quite soon!!! The 1st mmc I didnt get af til 2 months later!!!
    How are you huni xx
  • Options
    It could be on its way which you are right is a good sign that your body is on the mend. By the way did you have much pain after the erpc? I have a lot of cramp/sharp pains in lower belly just above bikini line and in my lower back is that normal?

• Options
    Hi hun

I did have some discomfort after it was like a aching feeling but then I did get some really sharp pains & the last time I had the erpc I remember being doubled over, I was told that my cervix was contracting back they forget to tell you that part at the hospital!!! xx
  • Options
    Ohhhh I see... yep there's a lot of things they 'forget' to tell you! That makes sense now. Thanks hun x
  • Options
    That's ok hun I had to rely on friends who had already had babies to tell me that was what the pain was!!! Hope it eases for you soon it should do xxx
  • Options
    I'm glad that you girls say these pains are normal, I had some sharp pains and wasn't sure whether they were normal or not, and the nurse at my GP's wasn't paticularly reassuring. You're right kathy there is alot of things that they don't tell you. I'm going away on monday for a few days and not sure if i am able to use the pool. I stopped bleeding today (13 days post ERPC) and note sure if it is safe. A break i hope will take my mind off things - just hoping for a v quick few weeks and am acually looking forward to AF coming (how weird is that???) Fingers crossed for all of us!! xx
  • Options
    Hi Jodie,

Im sure you will be fine to use the pool etc if you have stopped bleeding. If i dont speak to you before I hope you have a lovely break I think it will be just what you need xxx
  • Options
    Cheers laura, feeling much more positive and looking forward to next week, speak to you soon xx