Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Over 3 weeks since MC and still bleeding- UPDATE after 7wks

Hi everyone,
It's over 3 wks since my mc and I'm still bleeding
& passing 'stuff'.
Still +test from MC which is also so annoying.
Just want to be back to normal so we can ttc.
It feels like longer as i started bleeding 7 days
prior to having the MC.
I have been back to the hospital since mc and had scan 2wk ago which showed there was still some tissue & clots, but nothing to worry about. I guess I just have to be patient. They said wait another wk and go back if still + test.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Nettie:\?

[Modified by: Nettie208 on 13 January 2010 18:42:17 ]

Replies

• Options
    not quite as long as you hun, but I did have a lot of bleeding. I started bleeding on a weds night (after some light spotting the 2 weeks before intermittently). had scan next day and bean was still there with a heart beat and no sign of where bleed was from :cry: that saturday the bleeding got lots heavier with clots and I had 4 days of passing clots and lots of pain, and feeling a little dizzy at times. 7days after the first scan I had a repeat one and bean was gone. I was told my uterus looked pretty much empty, but i still had another week of bleeding. the whole fortnight was quite heavy bleeding, at the heaviest I was changing sanitary towels every hour.

I really hope it stops soon, as the end of the bleeding is the first stage where I started to feel better about things, then when first AF arrived you start to feel like your body is getting back to normal.

Gxx
  • Options
    hey, i stopped bleedin about 10 days after, but i passed my bean and everything else within a few hours at the hosp. i still had some clots the first couple of days, i had a +ive test almost 2 weeks later and they did a scan but was just my body taking a while to get the hormone down as i was 12 weeks. Make sure u test again and do go back to the GP if *ive. xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies Rocky_kiz and Gemgems.
    I had a *ive test this morning, but looks slightly fainter to me. (I was comparing it to last one- hubby thinks I've lost it!!!)
    I was 12 wks too and HCG levels were still over` 1000 last wk. I suppoose they take a while to settle down. I will be patient, but I'll go back to GP if still *ive next weekend.
    Thanks
    It helps to talk things through on here when I'm getting frustrated with it all.
    Nettie image
  • Options
    Hi Nettie,

Its been 3 weeks since my mc and Im still bleeding. Its not as heavy as it was but its still red and sometimes a few clots (sorry if tmi)

Im desperate for it to stop, and Im thinking the sooner it stops the sooner we can ttc again.

I havent been taking pregnancy tests so I dont know what the results are etc.

Just wanted to say that Im in a similar boat and I know how cr appy it makes you feel.

big hugs

x x x
  • Options
    Thanks PurpleBubbles,
    Im feeling much better now.
    It is just very frustrating that just when i think it's stopping, it gets heavy again!
    Hopefully it will stop soon.
    Let's hope its over soon for both of us so we can ttc again.
    Sorry for your loss hun,
    ((hugs))
    nettie x
  • Options
    It's now 5 wks
    and no improvement!
    I was really hoping it would have stopped for Christmas. image
    How are you now purple bubbles?
  • Options
    Hey Nettie,

So sorry to hear about this hun and sorry for your loss. I had a mmc last dec and ended up having an erpc after trying to do things naturally for 3 weeks. Just wanted to let you know that i bleed for a total of 5 weeks all in all.

Are you still bleeding cos you're doing it naturally or did you have any intervention?

Also my preg tests were positive for about 3 weeks after my erpc - i was 10 weeks. I know its hard hun but believe me you will come out the other side, i did somehow although i do still remember it all like it was yesterday and it was a year ago now. I think its because our bodies take sure a while to get back to normal afterwards that the whole situation is made even longer if that makes sense?

I hope you've got all of the support that you need etc....

Take care xxx
  • Options
    Hi SoHappy!
    Sorry you have been through this too.
    I had a mmc too. i was 12wks.
    I mc'd naturally and had to stay in hosp as bleeding very heavily, but since then it's been like a constant period. It has eased the odd day and gone brown then started up again.
    I rang hosp 2 wks ago and they said wait & see, next step wd be a d&c,
    I was really hoping it wd stop by itself.
    I'll ring tomorrow if it's still ongoing.
    Thank you for your support.
    love & hugs
    nettie x
  • Options
    Hi Nettie

I hope you dont mind me crashing but i wanted to share my experience with you.
    my first MC was at 6 weeks so not as far along as yourself, & i bled for about 5 weeks. I had been bleedig for 5 days before MC actually happened too.
    I know its different for everyone, i hope this helps.
    I also wanted to say im very sorry for your loss, i know words cant realy make it better but i hope you find some comfort in them.

Take care, thinking of you at this sad time.xxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Nettie,

Thank you. I would ring the hospital again to see what they say, also they gave me a course of antibiotics afterwards as i was worried about infection as the whole thing just dragged on. Things were better after my erpc though. Don't want to worry you but just want this whole ordeal to end for you. I guess its just the tissue that they saw on the scan but like you said, that was 2 weeks ago, as unpleasant as it is, i'd ask for another scan just to make sure. I've lost count of how many internal scans i had to have but i wanted to know what was still inside.

Massive hugs hun, take care xxx
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your support SoHappy and PrincessStar,
    I think I will ring tomorrow and see if i can get checked out, if only for peace of mind.
    It is 4wks since the scan now, so prbably is best to go back, incase of infection. At least I can make sure nothing is wrong.
    Thank you again.
    You've been a great help to me.
    nettie xxx
  • Options
    hi Nettie,

sorry I havent replied sooner (im back at work now so got more access to BE!)
    how are you?

Im still bleeding (mc will be 6 weeks ago on wed) - like you I kept thinking that it was slowing down and was brown and therefore "old" blood - but the last couple of days its starting to get more and its bright red. I had also passed some heavy clots last week so phoned the hospital and they said that its seemed normal. ive just made an appt for the doctors tomorrow. i think im going to push for a scan or something as I just want more reassurance that everything is "normal". Ive also been getting sore feelings down below - wouldnt exactly call it pain, but its a bit uncomfortable sometimes. so hopefully ill get some more answers soon.

when we mc end of nov i thought id bleed for about 2 weeks, then have 4 weeks until AF and then would be able to ttc soon - but everythings just getting delayed!!! arrgghhh.

hope things are good with you

x x x
  • Options
    Hi Purple bubbles,
    Oh my goodness- I can't believe we are so similar! I am still bleeding 6 and half weeks later!
    I rang hospital last week twice as I kept having bleeding very red, then weds it eased off then NY eve heavier bleeding with large clots! I was getting terribly frustrated with it all.
    I went to the doctors today and had swabs to check no infections and bloodtests too. so feeling more positive that everything's been checked out. The Dr was really nice and couldn't believe hospital hadn't got me sorted by now. He said if still bleeding next monday he will send me back to hospital, which will prob mean d&c
    I'm glad you're going to see Dr too.
    It is best to get checked out with it going on so long.
    They don't think I have infection as I don't have temp or any pain, but I'm glad they are checking as I have a friend who had infection and was very poorly and didn't have usual symptoms-just collapsed! so alwsays best to get it checked.
    Hope all goes well for you tomorrow
    nettie xxx
  • Options
    Hi ya hun

Sorry I havent replied earlier, I cant beleive that the hospital havent sorted things by now.

Glad you have an understanding GP who is looking after you hun you can never be too careful. xxx
  • Options
    hi Nettie,

well went to the doctors and im still confused! (but my doctor is quite confusing anyway - thinking about changing but thats another story!)

she thinks it could actualy be a period - as i had brown blood the last few weeks and now bright red so new blood. Im not too sure! I had my blood tests done as well so will find out the results on friday (will let you know).

she said thats its still common to bleed for 6/7 weeks though.

sorry ive not got a lot of answers - your doctor sounds a lot nicer and clued up than mine.

is it easing now? hope so

xx x

• Options
    Hi purple bubbles
    When i rang hospital about 10 days ago one of the nurses said it was probably a period following mc, but she said if it goes on more than 3 days or i got clots ring back,

when I rang back to say heavier with lots of clots a week later, a different nurse said a similar thing!! That's why I booked a Dr app to be seen & checked out.

Phone calls wern't really helping as it was a different person each time and they just kept saying wait a few more days etc

Still ongoing- like a heavy period!
    Hope we both get sorted soon.

(((hugs)))
    nettie x
  • Options
    ahhhh - so my doctor may be right then and it is a period.

im kinda feel a bit happier now I think its a period - as I know it will be over in a few days time if that makes sense. and then Im hoping that my next period will be a bit more normal and arrive in the normal time - and then we cant start ttc again.

Its starting to feel more like a period now - getting slight cramps and im hungry!

hopefully this means that it will be over for us both soon x

will let you know how I get on on fri with the results of my blood test x
  • Options
    Hi nettie

Just stopped bleeding last week, and my mc started on the 7th of november so it does take a while.
    it shouldnt take too long god willing..

• Options
    Update from nettie
    Thanks everyone for your support throughout this.

I had heavy bleeding again and extremely large clots, so I went in hospital for 2 nights and had a D & C. It turned out my pg test was still faint positive and hcg was 75 still after 7 wks!!
    so after so long there was still some pg tissue left.

Thankfully I am feeling much better now.
    Very happy to be sorted image

I am absolutely thrilled to see a BFN totally clear today! Never thought I'd say that!!!!

nettie x

• Options
    sory to hear you had to go through that and that it's prolonged for this long! but at least now like u say you'll feel better and your body can prepare itself for next time! xx