Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

just had second early mc, can i join you?

Hi ladies,

Iv just had my second early miscarriage. I'm absolutely deverstated. My doctors not interested and says I need to lose one more before he will talk to me.

I've gone out and brought some vit b6, its a high dosage about 50mg a day? Anyone else tried this?
Xxx

Replies

• Options
    really sorry to hear this. no idea about the vitamin.

although unfortunately it's true most hosps won't investigate til you've had 3 it doesn't sound like your doc has been particularly understanding or supportive about it. Can you swap to another one?
  • Options
    sorry for your loss. i think a change of doc might be a plan if poss. this is a great site for support. i had a mc last week and all the guys on here have been a great help and can answer loads of questions. sending you hugs
    kat
  • Options
    I'm so sorry sweetie. I had 2 early MC's one a chem at 5 weeks and another at 6+4 and though they won't investigate until after a 3rd I have been told I'll be entitled to early scans next time. Don't know about the vit's I'm afraid I only take Folic acid. ((((hugs)))) to you
  • Options
    hi there,sorry for your losses.
    i have lost 2 babies this year,i am currently nearly 9 weeks PG and started taking 10mg or vitB6 before i concieved as i heard its a mood lifter,when i fell PG i did some googling and found out that vitB6 is progesterone,so i didnt want to stop taking it as maybe i wasnt producing enough progesterone thats why i lost 2 babies previously,i dont know,but so far so good(apparently it also helps with morning sickness,so im definatly not stopping it or id be living constantly in the toilet!!)i went for an early reassurance scan on wednesday and little bubs heart is beating strongly,consultant told me to stop taking the vitB6 at 12 weeks,so i will do.

i would say that i think 50mg is a little high though?

i wish you luck,you will get what you really want in the end xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi honey

So sorry to hear your news - it totally sucks doesn't it?

On the vitB6 front I take the Pregnacare Conception vitamin, so just had a look on the back. In my tablet is 10mg of B6 which is 500% of the recommended daily allowance, so perhaps 50mg might be a tad too much.

Why not check out the Pregnacare ones? They are a bit on the dear side but they contain all the vitamins that Zita West says are crucial for healthy conception, but without the price tag of Zita West stuff!

Sending you hugs through the interweb waves.

xx
  • Options
    sorry to hear you r loss! i had my mc on oct.22 these ladies on here have helped me so much on good and bad days, of course you can join us hope we can help........*hugs*