Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

just when I thought this year couldn't get any worse update

anyone else just wishing 2009 would end? this has been the worst year of my life. in january my friend was in a really bad car crash, nearly died, was in a coma 5 weeks and hospital 7months. in may my grandad died. the funeral was day after my birthday, so spent birthday travelling to scotland for the funeral. in aug got BFP, in Sept MC'd. 2 weeks after MC my friend killed himself. last week was at a funeral for a family friend who was only 55.

now today I've just found out my cousin is in intensive care after falling 6 storeys. they don't know if he was trying to kill himself or maybe on drugs. he's had his spleen removed but is still bleeding internally. when asked if spine was ok apparently docs said his legs are moving so they think so but that's the least of their worries at the moment! And he's malaysian, so I can't go to visit him.

Every time I start to feel better something else awful happens. How much bad luck can one family possibly have in a year? Everything just seems so unfair at the moment. I wish I could just wake up and it'd be new years day and none of this had ever happened.

-------------------
UPDATE:
just wanted to thank all of you guys who were there for me a few weeks ago, and let you know the good news that my cousin is out of hospital!!!! No-one thought he would make it through the first few days when they couldn't stop the bleeding after taking his spleen out. then he had to stay on the ventilator 2.5wks coz his lungs were so damaged. but now he's home!!

It will still be a long road to recovery, he has a machine to exercise his lungs, and has to go to local clinic for wound cleaning and dressing daily. he's in pain from some hairline fractures and has to be helped to toilet etc, but the think he's going to be ok in the end now.

Just wanted to thank you all for your lovely words. The worrry about his prognosis being to bleak and everything else that has happened recently was really upsetting, but you were all a big help. hopefully this is a sign that next year is gonna be better!!!
Gxx

[Modified by: gemgems13 on 19 December 2009 13:40:48 ]

Replies

• Options
    I have not made any post on this site since my chemical pregnancy, but did not want to read and run.....

I'm so sorry about all the things that happened! It has been a terrible year, but also good as we are still here and getting on with things. I agree with you as I cannot wait for the year to be over.

As hard as it may sound, try and be optimistic and over time things will get better. I hope you are surrounded by friends and loved one who will help through this period.
  • Options
    aw no hun! Thats awful to hear! yes i'd like 2009 to end as well please. here's hoping for 2010 to be good to all of us! (((((((hugs)))))))) xx
  • Options
    aw no hun! Thats awful to hear! yes i'd like 2009 to end as well please. here's hoping for 2010 to be good to all of us! (((((((hugs)))))))) xx
  • Options
    Oh honey what a horrid year you have had! Wish I could take away all your pain for you. I really feel for you. It's not a lot of comfort I know but if I was with you I would give you a big cuddle and make you a nice cup of tea and a doughnut.

We are here for you, always.

XXXXXXX BIGGEST HUG EVER! Sara
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear you have had such a heartbreaking year. I hope the next one brings you better news and some happiness.
    xxx
  • Options
    Oh luvvie, you have had an awful year haven't you. I can't wait to see the back of this year either, My dad has been in hospital and we have had a bad time with my great grandma and her dementia this last year and she is getting alot worse, she was also assaulted by a man in her residential home aswell, a cousin in intesive care with swine flu a few weeks ago and with the worry about OH's job and the MC i defo can;t wait to see the back of this year. I know that next year is going to be tons better for you.

Jodie xx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Gemsie. That's terrible. Why can't you visit him in hospital? Is it coz he's in intensive care. I hope he gets moved soon.

Sometimes the distribution of bad luck in this world seems to be really disproportionate.

Take care x x x
  • Options
    ohhh gem!! im sorry hun that your year was so horrible! heres to a better year for 2010!
  • Options
    yeah 2009 was my worst year too heres to 2010 ,i think everyone has an annus horiblus lol
  • Options
    thanx for all your messages ladies, it helped just to tell you all about it.
    makka pakka I can't visit him coz he's in malaysia. tho apparently their hospitals are very different from ours and you can only visit in 2 1hour slots each day - even my aunty and uncle! tho my uncle apparently sneaks in every 4hours and the nurses are 'tolerating' him and he's not been home since the accident. my cousin that lives in london flew home as soon as it happened and it sounds like she's taken over everything and is taking care of her parents and little bro and sis, so that's good.

the last update, tho a bit delayed with the time difference is that there was no change. obviously not great to still be critical in icu, but at least no worse. We've since found out that he landed on grass not concrete, so that's probably why he's alive.

facebook and email and stuff means you can contact people so easily nowadays, it's not til something like this happens that you realise they're actually on the other side of the world
  • Options
    Im so sorry to hear about your cousin. I know exactly what you mean by a crap year & was just actually writing on the jingle bell thread what a crap year we have had.

Roll on 2010 & some good luck for us all xxx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses and pain. I pray god gives you strength to come through the other side. I also pray that you are blessed with a lot of good news from now on.

It has been an awful year. My sister-in-law's mother passed away in Jan, my wife had a MC in Jan/Feb, then my grandfather died in May on my niece's birthday. Then we got some good news, my wife was expecting twins. My cousin who was trying to conceive also was pregnant. Sadly my cousin had a MC 10 weeks in to her pregnancy. Then on 13th Nov at 24 weeks, we lost our twin boys too. It has been a year from hell. We had six months of very pleasant and happy memories and then the painful loss which will remain forever.
  • Options
    Glad your cousin is getting better Gems. Lets hope it's the start of your string of good luck!
  • Options
    So glad to hear that hun. xx
  • Options
    Awww hunni, im truly sorry for you. what an awful time you,ve had. Its just not fair. Youre right about wanting this year to end, its just been the crappiest year ever. Praying for you and all the lovely ladies on here that we all get 2010 babies . Take care sweetie you are so strong x lots of love and Good Luck x