Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

just had very early miscarrige

hi to everyone! i'm new to site and am just looking for some friendly advice. been ttc for a couple of months. got a faint positive result and was really pleased but ive just had a early miscarrige/chemical pregnancy? at about 5 weeks. am a bit gutted but didn't really feel that pregnant like i did before. (ive got 2 little girls) so now just feel weird.i want to ttc again this month but hubby not sure. can i start trying again this month or should i wait? also i normally have 28 day cycle do i count first day of this bleeding(friday) as cd1 or when it would have been (last sunday)?? sooo confused! has anyone else had early miscarrige and conceived again quickly?

thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Milliepop,

so sorry to hear your news, but you have come to the right place for support image
    CD1 is counted as the first day when your hormone levels return to pre pregnancy levels, i believe. Most girls say they had a period at 4-6 weeks after MC. Im not sure if the levels have to be strictly pre-pregnancy though, as i had my first period 3 weeks after my levels were dropped.

As for TTC again, i think you shoul do whatever feels right for you. its always going to be hard predicting OV before AF comes, but it can be done!!

take care honey

xx
  • Options
    Hi hun, sorry for your loss. This might mess up af a little. They suggest you wait for one af, to help your body get back to normal, and to date a pg if you fall again straight away. But if you feel you want to try again straight away, the choice is yours.

Good luck. xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/RSdkp1/.png

• Options
    Hey hun...your story is very similar to mine. I had a BFP at 4 or so weeks. I lost my bean at 5 + 5. It was a complete mc and my hormones returned to normal 2 days later so things hadnt really developed. This was my first pregnancy after trying for 4 months. We decided that we werent going to wait, but we werent going to 'try'. Exactly 4 weeks after I had started bleeding with my mc I got another BFP! This time it stuck, for the moment, and at 10 weeks we discovered it was twins! Its up to you when you try again. We were told that, as my mc was early and complete there was no reason why I couldnt try straight away as they would date from my first day of bleeding, until the dating scan, which didnt change my dates anyway.

Its a horrid thing to go through and I hope you feel you make the right decision for yourselves. Good Luck xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/VuFyp1/.png

• Options
    hope you ok and have better luck this time ,everyone different ,just try when you good and ready.its funny women know deep down if a prenancy will proceed.i felt like that too before christmas i was a rat for eight weeks and ill but didnt want to admit it.but now i know why.keep going and you have all the support of everyone herexxxx
  • Options
    Hi, sorry to gate crash. We have just had a silent miscarriage. I worried ridiculously throughout and my mother said that she believes I knew that i would miscarry. I just thought it was because i waited 8 years to become pg but who knows. Maybe your right, you do know whether or not you will keep going. Best wishes to all those who have lost, who are trying and who have succeeded x x
  • Options
    hi there, i got my bfp, then i started bleeding and i had an early miscarriage in march..it took me five weeks after this to have an af, she has now gone and we are going to ttc this month ..i think you have to do whatever feels right for you hun x
  • Options
    Hey, I am sorry to hear what you have been though. I also had an early mc at 6 weeks last july. My af took 6 weeks after 1st day of bleed to arrive. I got a neg on pg test a week after first bleed but others have waited much longer so it will mess you about a bit. As to trying again, as someone has already said you need to do what is right for you. As far as I am aware they only tell you to wait to ensure you are emotionally ready and for dating reasons xx
  • Options
    thanks to everyone for ur support. its good to hear from other people who've gone through the samething. its strange because none of my friends knew i was pregnant so i don't really feel i can talk to them about it, i know they'll not know what to say . i got the results of my blood test back today and hormone levels are back to normal so i think we might try this month and see what happens. and i'll be waiting a bit longer to do a pt this time!

thanks again, i'm really glad i joined! xx
  • Options
    Hey Milliepop,

Just wanted to say sorry for your loss and sending a big hug! I think when it comes to trying again you must do what feels right for you it is your body and you will know!
    In my case i waited a full cycle as i felt my body needed that time to recuperate *sp* after 2 mc and i am glad i did as i now feel like it is stronger!
    Whatever you do hope that you get a bfp soon!
    Love and babydust
    Renaxxx
  • Options
    Hi there
    Sorry for your loss, I am just in my first proper cycle since my mc on 31st march. My cycles were very reg before mc then had af 21 days after mc expected it to be longer. Im now on my 2ww as we started trying proper this month. A lot of girls have fallen straight away after mc it really depends on you if you feel ready.

Good luck whatever you decide

Annette xx