Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

pain after erpc

Hi ladies i know quite a few of you have had erpc and was just wanting some advice really. I had mine on monday and since then have had hardly any pain,i haven't needed painkillers or anything.since yesterday i have had a kind of achey pain in my lower back on one side and my lower stomach has been tender and a crampy? is this normal? im just concerned that i was ok for a few days and now its started,i really hope there isn't an infection or something :\?
any thoughts would be great. xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hello Flossypops

Im sorry to hear of your loss.

I think it's quite normal to have a little discomfort, I have felt achey after a erpc. Also what they forget to tell you is that when you have erpc your cervix is dilated slightly & it has to contract back to normal size & this can cause some discomfort but shouldnt last to long.

Hope you feel better soon just try& take it easy for a bit. xxx
  • Options
    Hi, I had an erpc at the start of January. Like you I had very little pain and as well as that I had hardly any bleeding as well. About four days after the erpc I had fairly painful cramping, like a painful period, and I bled slightly heavier as well. This only lasted a day though. I feel fine now so I'm guessing all is ok. It's natural to worry so maybe if the pain lasts more than a day or two you should go to your gp, for peace of mind if nothing else. Hope you feel better soon. xxx
  • Options
    I had some real bad cramping on Monday which was 12 days after my op. Felt like heavy period pain. Went to the doc on Tues as I was still bleeding and she told me it could be your cervix, your uterus moving back into place or just your uterus trying to get rid of the last bits. Try not to worry. If you have an infection your discharge will possibly smell and your stomach will hurt when youu press down. If concerned ring the docs for advice. Hope you are feeling better soon!