Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Do you believe the 'everything comes in 3's theory? -Rant

I always did, but now that I've now had twom c straight after one another, does that neam I should expect a third? God, I feel stupid even asking this but I can't help but wonder....

I hate this feeling of complete loss of control, of now knowing, of being annoyed at everything, of having to see my 2 neighbours and one of my friends well in to their pregnancies, of dipping in to my old forum (stupid I know) and finding that most of the them have been able to find out the sex of their baby, then dipping in the the other due in forum and finding that they're all loving it, of feeling like I have been pregnant for 5 months but with absolutley F all to show for it, of not being able to give my husband the one thing that women are supposingly able to do quite easily, of being able to get pregnant but not being able to keep my bean safe and snug - everyone else I know can, just not me. I hate the fact that everyone has an opinion of my I have mc AGAIN and all their theories are somthing to do with me, I already know it's something to do with me, but I don't need reminding of it every five minutes thank you very much- FFS I would never dream of saying half of these things; maybe you worked too hard, maybe you can only carry one sex, did you lift anything, have you been eating the wrong foods - just go and F yourself, don't you think I've already scrutinised everything I've done - I DON'T need you to do it either.

I've had a enough of it all, and if one person tells me 'well at least you can get pregnant' I'm going to reply 'but I can't F-ing keep I though can I?!'

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

edited to say sorry, I didn't realise it was going to end in a rant, I didn't mean to upset anyone.

xxx

[Modified by: **rainbow** on 26 February 2010 14:36:00 ]

Replies

• Options
    You don't need to apologise for having a rant, we all need to blow off steam now and again, especially when it's so recent.

I know EXACTLY where you are coming from - I had 2 successive MC's, both at 6 weeks. I was absolutely convinced that something was wrong with me and we stopped TTC for a few months because I was convinced that I would just MC again. All I heard from people was those bl00dy horrible phrases 'at least you know you can get pregnant' - yeah, thanks, that makes me feel so much better, the idea of getting pregnant and MC'ing over and over again! - and 'it's not as if it was even a baby' - er yes, it was, it was MY baby.

I scrutinised every tiny thing I had done before I fell pregnant and afterwards, desperate to find someone to blame, even if it was myself.

6 months after the second MC, I found out I was pregnant again. I wanted to wrap myself up in cotton wool for the next 8 months, but at the same time I coudn't actually believe that I would get a 'take home' baby. But exactly 8 months after I got that BFP, I gave birth to a healthy daughter. Until the moment she was born, I don't think I actually accepted that it was going to happen - apparently, when her head crowned, I turned to OH and said 'oh my god, there really is a baby in there!'

I won't lie, I'm still terrified now about TTC, even though I know I can carry a pregnancy to term. But hopefully all my 'bad luck' is out of the way, and it will be the same for you hon.

Big hugs, xxx
  • Options
    Your sentiments mirror exactly how I felt after my mc. Those awful words "at least you know you can get pregnant" echo in my head even now. It's like a red rag, and makes my blood boil even as I type this, so I can totally sympathise with how you must be feeling. I wish there was some way I could try and make you feel better, but there is no magic wand. Please do not blame yourself for what's happened, remember IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT. There will have been nothing that you did to cause the mc, it's just shitty bad luck. But we must all take heart from stsarina's post and believe that it will happen for us all one day. Take care of yourself and your oh, be strong. We're always here for whenever you need to rant xxx
  • Options
    Rainbow you dont have to say sorry, it is good to get it all out and here is a great place to do it. Never think it is your fault, it isnt and you cant think that things happen in threes otherwise you will drive yourself mad. It will happen for you. Everyone has these 'opinions' and dont think twice about what they are saying and how hurtful it can be, you just need to shut off from them or tell them you dont want to talk about it maybe??

Take care, look after yourself and keep going it WILL happen

Jacqui
    xx
  • Options
    Rainbow you are allowed to be upset with the world - it has been very cruel! Please try not to worry about things happening in threes its just a saying not reality. You will get your little one soon. Thinking of you xx
  • Options
    Don't be sorry, we all know where your coming from, i have to say to be in lttc would also be horrid but we wre ttc for 13 months before and although it was horrid it was also kind of ok at the same time... but now i've been pg and had all those feelings, scans etc etc it akes it harder knowing what should of been and the whole emotional side of loss image (have by no intention ment to upset any ltttc'ers!!!! promise! jsut saying my feelings.) Even if things do come in 3's hun, it doesn;t neccessairly mean your next pg will end in mc, you could well have a healthy baby, or 2, or 5 or 6 if you wanted before another mc is to be dealt to you. (((((((hugs)))))))) xxx
  • Options
    Wow I can't believe these things have been said to you... Feeling bad now as I said in my email to you that I had a theory that I couldn't carry boys... but it was about me!!
    In my case I had taken migraine meds and eaten liver in the 2 week wait and beat myself up big style plus I did yoga until 6 weeks and carried on lifting kids etc. I believed and still do that a viable pregnancy would have certainly survived the stretching and the mw was encouraging that if the liver or meds had been to blame in the 2 ww it was unlikely I would have got to 11 weeks before losing it.
    However, I have to say that nobody suggested it was anything I did - I thought at least one person would mention my age...
    I am truly amazed that people would feel they had the right to suggest things to you. As you say FFS it's not like we don't think those things ourselves :evil:
    The only thing really was one person said it happens for a reason and as I agreed it didn't upset me. It's hard not knowing the reason tho eh?
    It's doubly hard not knowing if it will happen again.
    You just have to have faith my lovely. Plenty of people have perfectly healthy pregnancies - I had at least 2 early mc (possibly 4 but I hadn't been ttc so hadn't tested and known I was preg and didn't know you could still get +ve after) before having 2 text book pregnancies but then I've had another mc. There really is no rhyme or reason and just because loads of people on here might have had one then healthy preg or 2 or 3 or more it doesn't mean you will be the same hun.
    I'm thinking of you and hoping you get a sticky bean really really soon - and all of us too. We deserve them eh?
  • Options
    Ohh Rainbow your post sounds exactly the same as one of mine previously!!

No I dont beleive in all things happens in 3's unless it's good things!!

Your entitled to a good old rant sweetie & we understand how you feel to go through it once is bad enough but again is just awful. My heart is breaking for you, dont punish yourself hun it's not your fault i've done that before & it doesnt help sweetie. Of course your gona feel angry & upset & your entitled too.

You will have your baby hun, big hugs xxx

• Options
    Sorry you're feeling so crap, people can be so insensitive. I am petrified of 'things happening in 3's' but it is just a saying just like 'if the wind changes your face will stay like that' whatever........also for me things coming in 3s means 3 different things at the same time not a reoccuring thing 3x, if that makes sense..
    We have to keep trying and believe it will work.
    I've decided I'm going to go with the saying '3rd time lucky' PMA and hope to god I'm right.

Wishing everyone a bfp and full 9mths to baby happiness x