Forum home› Pregnancy› Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scan after miscarriage

Im going for a scan on Thursday morning to confirm that everything from my miscarriage has gone. Does it matter if im still spotting when I go cz I presume it'll be an internal scan? I've been quite lucky so far and the bleeding has pretty much gone now apart from some browny coloured discharge (sorry if TMI).xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi TF, just wanted to say hope the scan goes ok on Thursday. Not sure if it will be internal, tho guessing it probably will be...? Thinking of you and hope you ok. Zxx
  • Options
    Yes I think that will be okay if you are still spotting. I was spotting at the time when I had a scan which told me I was miscarrying, so they will be able to tell what is blood and what tissue are left. I have my scan next Tuesday to see if there are any tissue left too.

Good luck for Thursday and hope all is clear.

• Options
    Thanks ZL, I just presumed it would be cz didnt think they'd see anything otherwise, im not sure though. I'd much prefer a scan done on the tummy image
    xx
  • Options
    Good luck to you too sevans, hope yours goes ok x
  • Options
    Yep, know what you mean. The internals aren't very nice at all. This time around, I had quite a few before they finally said I was classed as having a missed miscarriage. It's funny, I used to hate having smears etc., but now, I feel they could do anything "down there" and it wouldn't faze me. Oh the joys of being a woman eh!! Zxx
  • Options
    Very true! I'm getting quite fed up of having to keep showing people my lady bits lol!! I guess its good practise though for when I eventually get pregnant again!!xx
  • Options
    Too true!! Zxx
  • Options
    it probably will be on your belly, mine was when i had to be checked to see id had a complete miscarriage x

[Modified by: sammielou. on September 14, 2010 09:31 PM]

• Options
    Hi when I mc in march I had both, one on tummy then the internal probe so they could rule out ectopic , I was also spotting and that wasn't a problem. good luck xxx
  • Options
    Well had my scan today and was an internal. The doc said it was all clear and that we can start TTC again whenever we're ready. I told them that Id had a private early scan and she seemed really put out!! She was quizzing me about how much we paid and where we had it done, and then when we were leaving she said 'and next time you become pregnant if you need reassurance that everything is ok come back here (the EPU) and we'll scan you for free!!
    When we booked the scan originally we didn't have any reason to think there was anything wrong and as far as I was aware they dont do scans just for peace of mind unless you have bleeding/ some kind of problem?!
    I'll make sure I do ring them next time then!!!xx
  • Options
    Glad all went as well as expected TF. Was thinking of you today. Good to know you can just ring the EPU direct next time then.

Take care,

Zxx
  • Options
    That is great news esp the bit about being able to start trying again and the fact they will give you a scan early the next time.