Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Great news...... so upset!!!!!!!!

I went to A+E last night as it is 16 days since my D+C and I am still bleeding. So down and upset as I really wnt to get back to normal so I can start TTC again. Anyway I've been booked in for a scan on Monday to see what is wrong.
Woke up this morning feeling down about everything.

As I got up my mum called and I told her about the Hospital visit. She then said she had some news for me and started crying....... my brother and sister in law found out yesterday they are expecting their second baby. I immediatley burst into tears, really distraught.

Both me and my mum were in tears, my mum feels so bad for me, but wants to be so happy for my brother and his wife.

I feel so empty, this has just taken me back three weeks to step one, feel so upset. But now I feel so guily for feeling bad. I should be so happy for them, but all I can feel is sadness for me and my DH. I really want to be happy for them, and I in now way do I feel jealous or bad for them, I just cant get my sadness out of the way to feel happy for them.

My mum is distraught as she cant help but feel that she should have two grandchildren on the way at the same time, which would have been amazing, to go through it together would have been fabulous. I just feel so mixed up this morning, just really want to get myself back to normal and join her a few months behind but it makes me feel like her pregnancy will be a constant reminder for me of our loss!!!!!

When I was already down I just feel this is another massive kick to knock me further down!!!! We are really close to my brother and his family and I really am happy for them, and I know it will shown when I can deal with my sadness...... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!:\(

Replies

• Options
    so sorry to hear you have someone so close to you being so happy when all you want to do is feel sad. it will get easier with time and you cant help the way that you feel at the moment so you just have to go with it.
    hope as the days go by you start to feel better about it all
    x
  • Options
    Sweetie I know how difficult this is going to be for you! I have a friend at work who is two weeks behind where I should have been and we were both sooooo excited to be going through our first pg together. Now I have the pleasure of watching her go through hers whilst I am back ttc again. It took us 13 months last time to get our BFP and I am not sure if I could cope if it takes that long again. I am very good at putting on a face! I am trying to be really positive for my friend but it is difficult and at times I can feel myself welling up. You are allowed to feel like this and I am sure she will understand. xx
  • Options
    Sweetie I know how difficult this is going to be for you! I have a friend at work who is two weeks behind where I should have been and we were both sooooo excited to be going through our first pg together. Now I have the pleasure of watching her go through hers whilst I am back ttc again. It took us 13 months last time to get our BFP and I am not sure if I could cope if it takes that long again. I am very good at putting on a face! I am trying to be really positive for my friend but it is difficult and at times I can feel myself welling up. You are allowed to feel like this and I am sure she will understand. xx
  • Options
    Please dont feel bad for the way you feel, it is only naturally to feel that way and im sure that your family will understand your feelings too. It is important for them to see how hard it will be for you so they can support you in this. Your time will come, hopefully your bleeding will stop soon and you can start to rebuild and start ttc once again.

Big hugs

Jacqui
    xx
  • Options
    try and just take your emotions as they come hun, it does get easier...you've probably seen all the problems i've had since my mc 7 weeks ago and one of my best friends is a few days ahead of what i should be....

however...the thing that nearly killed me was that my cousin who is an a&e nurse and dealt with me when the mc first started and i went to hosp found out she was was pregnant a week after my mc and i only found out from her facebook status!!! she hasn't even spoken to me since it all happened!

hope u feel better soon...i still have good and bad days, the 12 week scans are a killer so be prepared for that *hugs* x
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I feel alot better today. I realised I was being selfish about my brothers news. I can't expect them to put their life on hold because of our loss. I am so happy for them, they already have a 5 year old daughter and I love her to pieces, I cant wait to be a auntie again. Obviously I am sad that it wont be along with me being a mummy, but thats my issues to deal with. The last thing I want to do is cast a shadow over their amazing.

I called my SIL last night and she apologised for being pregnant!!!!!!! I told her don't ever do that again, it is amazing news and I couldn't be happier, don't let my situation spoil anypart of their experience.

I am already dealing with this better within 24 hours so I know with time I will be fine, espicially if I can fall pregnant and join her in the journey!!!!!!!:\)