Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

operation or natural?

hi

i need to decide weather to have the op to remove the remaning tissue or let it happen naturally...has anyone been though either of there and what advice can you give? the op sounds like its over quicker but im scared about going under general anaesthetic but leaving it means i dont have a clue when it will happen naturally, and the midwife said it can last weeks and be very heavy and painful,

what side effects is there to the op? is there much after pain?

please help me

ashy x

Replies

• Options
    Hi, I had the ERPC on the 4th Sept, I would really recommend this rather than a natural MC! I'd never been put to sleep, but it was fine! Nothing worth worrying about!

I had pain a week later, but everyone is different! x
  • Options
    def the op, I waited 5 weeks for mc and only had some bleeding so ended up having the erpc, could not wait any longer.
    Again take time off work I had op on Mon, and back to work on Wed it was too soonxx
  • Options
    i would definitely go for the op. i had one in may and it was the best option for me. i was absolutely terrified beforehand but the girls on here told me what to expect and i was surprisingly very calm and it was over before i knew it. i couldn't go on for weeks just waiting for it to happen so i was glad to have it over with quickly so i could start to heal physically and emotionally.
    i had period pain and backache for about 1 or 2 days after the op. i bled for a week and spotted for a further week. i kept thinking i was fine, and said i would go back to work after a few days, but then i would realise i was doing too much and needed to rest and had a week off in the end.

i had an early mc in august and it was painful - and that was a very early one. it was distressing, as Mrs Mog says. so i can't imagine what it would have been like had i been further along.

good luck whatever you decide xxx