Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

looking for support plz

Im new so bear with me. Im 40 and would be 8 wks today. I posted on dif forum but it was suggested i post here. Its my 4th preg and I have 2 older sons. This would have been1st with new hubby. I have been bleeding for 8 days, 6 very heavily. Had 3 int scans, last one Monday. Each show hb and growth. Last one tho they told me that bleeding was too heavy and pregnancy not likely to cont. Ive to go back next week for another scan. I cant believe how much blood and how long this lasts. I feel like im in limbo. Its torture waiting for this to end. I cant grieve because as far as I know there is still a hb, but so much blood. Has anybody had a similar experience? I actually just feel numb now.:cry: In my heart I know im miscarrying.

Replies

• Options
    Hi there so sorry to hear what you are going through. Try to stay positive until your next scan I have heard about lots o ladies bleeding and everything being fine so you never know. If you do get bad news at the next scan please feel free to look for support here everyone here has been amazing and it has really helped me through this awful time.

I can't really help much as I went for my twelve week scan and found no heartbeat so had a missed mc no bleeding no pain no nothing. So you never can tell. I ended up having a d and c operation.

It's been a painful process but it does get easier. Once again so sorry to hear this but really hope it is good news for you x
  • Options
    HI there. I have not been through this but there is a lady in Due in december who had lots of heavy bleeding and is ok. Maybe you should do an FAO for her. She is lovely and im sure wouldnt mind talking with you.

I will say a prayer that your bean is ok xxx
  • Options
    Hi tashelby,

I had slight spotting with a HB, and then weeks later we had bleeding and a slow HB, then when we went back for another scan the next day the HB had stopped! I then bled for 3 week and got an infection and ended up having an ERPC anyway.

I was 9wks and 5 days and it was just horrible and the worst thing I've ever experienced. The waiting is the worst. However I don't think you ever give up hope, you just pray that baby will make a U turn and you know what, it isn't impossible. It isn't over yet and your baby is fighting, stay positive and you never know.

If things don't work out, then you'll find all the support you will need on here. The girls on here kept me sane and were so kind.

One thing I would say is that I NEVER regretted having my scans! If I hadn't had the 2nd to last scan they would have told me that my baby died between 7-8wks because that was its size, I'd have been left thinking I'd been carrying a dead bean around for 2 weeks or so, but I know that wasn't true because we saw its HB the day before it died and in a way that scan was like saying goodbye, it was heart breaking the beating of the heart was so laboured. I loved that flump sooo much, I'll never forget and hopefully I'll get to keep my new bean.

I wish you loads of luck and pray that your bean it stubborn and fights!! Lots of love xxxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev060pf___.png

• Options
    I was going to suggest what babylove did and do an fao in the Due in December 2010 forum as there's a lady in there who had major bleeds and posted on here whilst waiting in A&E convinced she'd lost her baby but as it happens all was fine and they never found the cause of her bleed. Even she said it was nothing short of a miracle!

Please try and relax. Don't try and greive over something that may not have happened. Save yourself the heartache. There can be lots of reasons for bleeding, even if it is heavy. Since i've been on BE i've been suprised many a time by the success stories!

Are you having painful cramps or clots? Because i had a brown discharge (sorry tmi) for 4 days with no cramps and they told me i was probably miscarrying but believe me when the heavy bleeding started i had major excruciating tummy cramps and lots of clots.

Have you had this? Because if it's just bleeding then there's every chance there could be another cause.

Sorry you're having to go through this hun :\(
    xxx
  • Options
    Thankyou so much for your comments. I have had no pain or as far as I know clots, but there is so much blood when I go to the loo that im not sure. Can i ask you what an fao is so that I can look for the other lady in Due in Dec. Again, thanyou for your support xx
  • Options
    Hi again. Its For attention of .....
    So if you go and post with the heading FAO MrsR she should reply. She had terrible bleeding hun and might be able to help. A couple of the other ladies had it too.

Check this thread out

http://www.babyexpert.com/chatroom/topic/182591

Its another lady from due in dec
  • Options
    I hope you dont mind but I just asked them to help. I gave them a link to your post so if they see it they should reply xxx
  • Options
    Oh you poor thing! I'm now 14+6 and between 5 weeks and 9 weeks I had several bleeds. (See my other topics for the links to my many posts!).

Most of them were incidents of spotting but the most hideous was a very heavy bleed where I was soaking through pads and my cramps were so bad I could barely stand up.

I was utterly convinced I'd miscarried as when I went to the loo I could feel the blood running out of me and I was sure I saw a few clots too. Amazingly my little baby was fine, and when the doctor scanned me I was still bleeding heavily but he couldn't find any cause for it at all.

The bleed lasted around 4-5 days and I still to this day can't believe I bled so much and baby is still fine. The doctor was lovely and said to me that once they've seen a heartbeat the chances of m/c are very much reduced.

I have my fingers and toes crossed that you and your baby are fine, I think there's every chance you will be now that they've seen the heartbeat etc. I think we just have naughty, attention seeking little babies!

Take care, xx
  • Options
    Thankyou all so much. Im a scared to have hope because the last week has been so traumatic. The MWife at my last scan was lovely but was concerned at the amount of blood I was losing and still am. Thankyou all so much for your support, it really helps to hear about your experiences. I dont think you can understand unless uve been through it. Dont want to build my hopes up, but miracles happen sometimes. Will keep you all updated on what happens xxx
  • Options
    Hi tashelby,
    I'm so sorry you are going through this and still bleeding. I have had a few similar problems myself and my feed from DID is below.

http://www.babyexpert.com/chatroom/topic/182591

But it's such encouraging news that the baby is fine and the HB is there. Around 30% of pregnancy have bleeding and alot of the time the reasons for these are unknown. I have a whats called a subchoionic haematoma so have a diagnosis but there is so very little known about those also, even having a diagnosis doesn't always tell you anymore info.

I fully understand though that all we really want to know is that everything will be alright? The big question. There are so many risks but many women with bleeding go on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies so I hold onto that. At first I was so worried but have been on bedrest and the most I can do is stay positive and do as much as I can to rest and give my bean a chance.

I really have all my fingers crossed for you. It is hard to do but please try not to worry and stress as this will not help you and it's horrible being so consummed by worry. All the ladies in DID have been so nice and supportive and it really helped my mood. So please just talk about how you feel as it really has helped me.

Jo xx
  • Options
    Thankyou for sharing your story. Your right, this is the stuff of nightmares. I need this to be over..my life is on hold...bleeding is getting worse, I didnt think that was possible. My DH and I are sad all the time, too scared to hope things may be ok...but we have to wait. Im 40 years old and feel I was so naive to think I could do this. I have a lovely life, am recently married again and have older kids and stepkids, and fantastic friends. This baby would have been the icing on an already delicious cake. I am trying to focus on all the great thngs my life already has, but now there will always be somethng missing. I have scan photos that at the moment reduce me to tears, but im sure in time they will make me smile, for a few weeks our baby was real. I appreciate everyones positive comments, but in my heart I know that my story wont end with a healthy pregnancy. We tried. Good luck to you all xxx:\)
  • Options
    hi i hope you are ok try and be positive i too am 40 and lost my baby at 11 weeks the lady who did the scan said there was no reason not to try again half the battle was getting pregnant at 40 i am too focusing on the postives in my life like our 2 little boys i really hope you get a postive out come but if not i hope you come on here and get some support i have found the ladies to be very nice and always willing to answer questions sending you hugs x mg
  • Options
    My bleeding was awful yest, but has slowed to a trickle today...EPU are going to scan me today at 11.30. They have been fab, if its bad new then DH and I have the weekend to be together rather than wait till Tue. I will let you know...plz keep ur fingers crossed for me. Thankyou all xxxx
  • Options
    Good luck huni. Got everything crossed for you x
  • Options
    Wishing you all the luck in the world hun. We are here for you whatever the outcome xxx
  • Options
    So sorry to hear what you're going through. I wish you all the luck in the world too. Zxx
  • Options
    Well, to everyones surprise, EPU girls included, my bean is still there and hb nicely. I cant believe this, although they have told me that its still early. I was well prepared to say goodbye and head straight to the pub, but not to be. Its certainly hanging on tight. Thankyou all so much for your support and good wishes.....i cant build my hopes up, but i suppose every day is a blessing. Good luck to you all xxxx
  • Options
    OMG im soooooo pleased for you. I know you said last night the beeding had eased so im praying thats it over for you and you can now start enjoying your prenancy.
    So delighted for you xxx
  • Options
    Wow that is fantastic!! Please keep us updated! I have everything crossed for you!

Has the bleeding stopped? xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Bleeding hasnt stopped but not as many floods as the last week. Lts of tiny clots...yeuch I know. I still have a long way to go so cant build my hopes up, but its certainly a wee fighter. Will keep u all up to date, and thnx again for caring xxx