Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Joining you from Due In Sept

Hi everyone

Well i'm joining you all after loosing baby on Sunday - I was 10 weeks, but not sure when I lost - it mostly happened naturally at home and i'm pretty traumatised by the whole experience (I saw far too much), managed only a 1 night stay in hospital and i'm home now, just waiting for a final clot to pass (which happened this morning, hopefully thats everything now). So need to wait for the bleeding to stop and do a test and then hopefully we can start trying again. It was my first pregnancy and it had been a honeymoon baby, after getting married in Dec.

I've been hovering here for a few days and you all seem so supportive, I felt confident to tell you what had happened to me.

Replies

• Options
    so sorry u are joining us mrs own - i was a due in sep mum as well (and this was our 1st baby, and almost a honeymoon baby - married in sep 09). i had a d&c so didnt actually 'see' anything, but just make sure you look after yourself and keep talking to your hubby, it will help you grieve. the ladies here are lovely and have been very supportive to me in the last couple of weeks. ask any questions you need to as someone will have been through what you are asking im sure.
    xxx
  • Options
    hi all. come on in. this is so hard but everyone is so great and there is heaps of experience and knowlage. take your time. its been 4 months for me and i still have crap days.
    kat
  • Options
    I'm so sorry hun, how are you doing? I was also a due in sept mum, and this was also our first baby. I had a d&c too, but I know quite a few ladies on here have had "natural" miscarriages and have also been quite traumatised by the whole thing, I'm sure they wouldn't mind talking to you about it if you want. Like pretty_pink says everyone here is lovely, and you get a lot of support here.
    Keep talking to your husband, and make sure you look after yourself. Don't make yourself do anything you don't want to just because you feel you "should".
    Take care sweetie
    Mary xxx
  • Options
    Hi Mrs Owen, I'm sorry you've had to join us in these circumstances, Pretty_pink is right, the ladies on here really are a lovely bunch and have been a massive support to me in my difficult times.

Take it a day at a time, and remeber we are all here for you, anytime

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Hon,

So sorry to read about your loss. It is a really horrid thing to go through but please do rant on here as much as you need to, I know I did (and still do) and lean on your DH, he will want to help you.

Sending you lots of love xxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi everyone

Thank you so much for your supportive words. i'm doing ok at the moment, i've found that now the bleeding is slowing down and think i've passed all the clots etc.. that focusing on the future is helping me keep my chin up so to speak. I have my breakdowns with hubby but we're doing alright. I found its helping to speak to friends who - unbeknown to me until now - have been through the same thing, and they have gone on to have healthy pregnancies.

I just want to get my neg test and bleeding to stop so that we can start trying again - i'm ready to get going again.

• Options
    image nice to meet you but sad it's under these circumstances. My story similar to you - natural loss at 11 weeks. My biggest fear when I realised it was happening was seeing too much :'( Luckily for me it happened on the loo and there was too much blood to see much (sorry TMI ladies) but then I sobbed for weeks that I'd flushed my baby down the loo.
    Just to warn you of a couple of things as I didn't know image the negative test can be AGES coming! Also you can stop and start with the bleeding :/
    As has been said we've all been through it here, no question is one someone else hasn't already wondered or asked and there is usually someone that knows the answer! Also no feeling or thought will cause shock! you can be as honest as you want about feeling jealous of other pregnant ladies or scared about being pregnant again etc.
    It really is a beautiful safe haven - welcome image
  • Options
    So sorry Mrs Owen, I had a ERPC so didnt go through the same as you, but it must have been heartbreaking to miscarry like that. I hope your bleeding doesn't last too long, I am still bleeding at the moment but I am hoping that once it stops things can start feeling a bit better and I can move on. I have talked to so many people since I lost my baby and many of them lost their first baby but then went on to have 1 or more beautiful healthy babies. They also say that the first few months after a mc you are more fertile (mind you I dont know how much truth there is in that?)

As everyone has said it is a great place to come for support or just to rant and get emotions out. It takes a while to get the emotions under control and it really helps to talk to people who have experienced the same or similar

Take care of yourself

Jacqui
    xx
  • Options
    hi there *hugs* i was a due in september mummy too but sadly it wasn't meant to be...this forum is brill for support but it's just a shame we all have to "meet" under these circumstances x
  • Options
    Hi there, I am from due in sept too. Lost our baby last Monday. I opted for the induced miscarriage and it was the most traumatic day of my life. I was in there for 15hrs going through what seemed like labour. Luckily I didn't see the foetus but saw everything else.

It was my first pregnancy after we'd been trying for over a year - we're so upset but I know we'll get through it.

Am so scared of getting pregnant again but equally scared of not - if that makes sense?

Xxx
  • Options
    hey im also from due from september... i found out on wednesday my baby was no longer alive.. i didnt want to wait to misscarry so i went in for ERPC on thursday.this was also my 1st baby and im totally gutted. i havnt had any bleeding or pain since the ERPC which i find very strange?? i really want to try again as soon as i can but its really put my partner down and he doesnt want to try again for a long time.. image im sorry 2 hear about everyones stories of wat they went through.. if anyone could offer me any advice or help then pleasee send my way! thanks girls image xx
  • Options
    Hi there. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I was also a due in Sept mummy. Really hope your bleeding stops soon. Take as much time as you need to grieve. Huge hugs hun and take care x x x x