Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Im scared of the unknown! HELP!

Hi ladies I have been advised to post here even though im not ttc.

I went for an early scan yesterday @ 9 weeks and found that my baby had died. It did measure 9 weeks so not long gone. I knew for a couple of weeks something was wrong but kept putting it to the back of my mind. I feel numb and cant stop the tears. I have to go for my 2nd scan tomorrow which im dreading as I cant bear seeing my dead baby again :cry:

Then will be having the ERPC on Monday. I have no idea what to expect. Will I be sore afterwards? What does it involve? Any details or personal experiences would be grately appreciated.

Im so sorry to meet you all on this forum, life is so cruel xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to see you here too image

I had the same procedure in November and it didn't leave me in any pain at all. It's quite a quick procedure under general anaesthetic and you are back on the ward within about 20 mins. I experienced a really small bit of bleeding afterwards, but not as much as some report.

Try take care of yourself before and after and take each day as it comes- you will feel different from one minute to the next, but you WILL get through it!

All the very best & take care

Emma x
  • Options
    The second scan they did with me they did not turn the monitor towards me. They basicly comfirmed what we found out the day before and than we were lead to a private room to wait for a consultant to speak to us. After about 10 minute wait (which was the worst of my life cause out of the window the building across a few floors down a mother just got handed her newborn baby) we were lead to another room where someone was sitting and she went over the procedure with us.

I went in at 7 in the morning and we had to wait for a space. We knew we were helped that day cause it was the old hospital that only does day surgery and no emergencies and has no patients staying in. I had a little conversation with the person who does the general aneshetic first and a nurse, they ask you some questions if you are the person you are and if you know what the procedure is. They also answer some questions if you have any. After that we had to get dressed in a gown and by that point I had the worst moment. A nurse came up to me and told me we should not have sex straight after and if I wanted to talk about contraception. I could almost kill her at that time. At about 10.30 I was called in to theatre which I had to walk to with a nurse and a pillow. (gosh I felt weird) In theatre I gave up my robe and pants, they went in a bag. Had to lay on the bed and before I knew it I was out of it. They do it with a needle in your hand. It is kinda like a D&C, where they open up the cervix and kinda 'hoover' everything out. Next thing I know is waking up on the ward roughly 25 minutes afterwards, getting some water and being brought to th recovery room. On the way they picked up my oh and he joined me. (hospital was great and all ladies who went in for the same surgery where allowed to keep their oh's with them till they go to theatre, which was a huge support to me) After I had some tea and toast and had pee'd I was allowed to go home.

Because of the general anethetic (sp?) you are not allowed to be responsible for children or operate machinery or anything for 48 hours. To be completely honest I was ready to go from the moment I got out of the hospital bed and can remember everthing. (but ga has a complete opisite effect on my oh who is completely off the world for about 36 hours and doesn't else than sleeping and forgettin everything) I had no soreness, no pain anymore (I had pain down below for about 2 weeks before the 12 week scan, but thought it was normal, obviously it wasn't) and only bled heavily for a few hours. After that it was back to spotting soon.

Afterwards I was just glad it was over, thought I could close the chapter of the book and just get on. I had to wait 7.5 weeks for af to come. (3 weeks for a negative pregnancy test) but we tried straight away. Anyway we are months later now and am glad I could sort my head first before being pregnant again. But trying again straight away helped me in the first few weeks.

Take your time. The girls here are all lovely and it is nice to talk to people who feel the same. Somewhere is also a topic of success stories after miscarriages which might help you when you are getting over things. The first few weeks are the hardest, some days you don't know if you get through them, but somehow you do. Just don't forget to ask help from people around you. I really needed some days just some quiet time to myself and my oh took lo away for half an hour. Don't feel quilty for whatever you need. (time alone, time with your oh, or extra cuddle time with your children) Even though a lot of people can say the most insensitive things when you tell them about a mmc, they actually are caring about you and would like to know a way to help.
  • Options
    Hi hun,

I don't have any advice because my story's a bit different as I bled naturally but I just wanted to offer some support! I don't think you have to be ttc over here, its just a bit more active than the support forum really.

These ladies have answered all my questions as I was abit afraid of the unknown too. I never expected this to happen to me and I definately wasn't prepared to deal with it!

I have my final scan today too, to make sure everything has gone. This will be the first time I've had a scan and my baby won't be there image

I'll be thinking of you hun!

Lots of love
    Xxxxx
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies.
    Im all ready to go. I dont wana sound heartless but just want it over with now. I will aways love and miss my baby but its time for me to try and move on a little.

Im not looking forward to today (nobody would) but I always get very emotional after an anesthetic and am always crying when coming round.

I hope to be joining you ladies who are ttc soon depending how i feel emotionaly after today.

Love to you all xxxx
  • Options
    Hi hun, thinking of you today!

Lots of love
    Xxx
  • Options
    G/C ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((MASSIVE HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    thinking of you today

Loads of hugs xx

gembags x
  • Options
    Good Luck hun, all the best x