Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding after D&C

Hi
Its two weeks today since I had my D&C and I am still bleeding! Is this normal?? It seems to get lighter and just as I think it will disappear it seems to remerge at full pelt! Really want it to stop asap so we can start ttc! I know its soon but I really do not want to miss a single cycle as I have such irregular cycles in the first place. Off to the docs tomorrow to see what they say! Just wondered if anyone as any advice??

Replies

• Options
    Hi huni

Some women do bleed for a bit afterwards, if it's coming back heavier then it's better to get checked out just incase there is any tissue left behind otherwise hopefully it will ease up soon for you.

Good Luck & let us know how you get on with GP xxx
  • Options
    hi muffin,

I didnt have a D & C so cant say how long the norm is. keep going to the doctors if it continues (I also kept phoning NHS direct), just to get 2nd opinions.

I know how horrid it is, and how you feel stuck in limbo.

But it will stop hun, just hang in there and then you can start ttc again.

good luck

x x x
  • Options
    Its all old blood which usually is when I wipe! Just want it to stop so we can start Bding! Do not want to cause any harm!!
  • Options
    thats all good signs hun...hopefully that means that its nearly over.

fingers crossed

x x x

• Options
    Its been like that from the start though!
  • Options
    If you're concerned I'd go see your GP. They may be able to suggest something...?

I'm sorry it's taking so long for it to stop, I understand how you feel about wanting to get on with things.

Let us know how you get on hun
    xx
  • Options
    Spoke to my GP today and she was lovely! She examined me and said that hopefully it should stop over the next week and she could not see any sign of infection (phew). We also had a lovely chat about starting ttc again and she was lovely. She said that in the past they told you to wait 1-3 cycles but as you are more fertile as soon as your bleeding stops to go for it! Thanks for your comments! Sorry for being slightly neurotic last night!
  • Options
    Hi hun

Glad you got some peace of mind from your GP & had a good chat with her, that's good that it's old blood means it's on it's way.

Lots of luck for when you can started again hun xx
  • Options
    Hi Muffin, to reassure you even more, i'm still bleeding (exactly same as you by the sounds of things) and i had my ERPC on the 15th. Like the sound of being more fertile as soon as the bleeding stops, will discuss that with DH! Have you got a negative pregnancy test yet? I'm trying to wait atleast until the bleeding stops. Its all so glamorous isn't it? Haha! xx
  • Options
    My bleeding seems to have almost gone!! Keeping everything crossed! Told hubby and he is quite excited about Bding this weekend!!!!
  • Options
    Great news Muffin!
    Good luck this weekend! x
  • Options
    thats great news muffin! I feel the same about ttc again soon - I have long /irregular cycles (usually around 50 days) so I don't want to miss a chance! I also have poly cycstic ovaries (altho no PCOS thankfully!) but I was reading something today on the PCOS forum by some girls with poly cyctic ovaries, whose periods haven't restarted after their mc.. It got me worried that things aren't going to go back to normal like I hoped! anyway enough about me!

have a fantastic weekend ...in bed!!!