Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Im coming back to join you:(

Hi Girls,

sadly just found out im having a mmc as couldnt detect the Hb and the baby isnt as far along as it should be, when I had a miscarriage back in March it was an early 1 and happened naturally but dont think I can wait a few weeks to have another natural mc, I am thinking of having a d+c just wondered if anyone has had any experience of this and either recommend or discourage me from having it?

Thanks for listening

Luc xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Luc,

I'm so sorry to hear you are having another mc, really really sad for both you and your OH.

I had a D&C in April at 7+3 and it was definitely the best option of those available. It was quick, painless, I bled for only abot 2 days afterwards and only very lightly and I think emotionally it was definitely for the best. I had a mmc too and I honestly couldn't have carried on just waiting for the mc to start.

Obviously it has to be your decision but I would certainly have a D&C again if, god forbid, I should need to.

Take care,

Love Kristen xx
  • Options
    Hi Luc,

Really, really sorry to hear your sad news.

I agree with Kristen, I had a D&C back in February after finding out I'd had a mmc at my scan at 13 weeks. It was pretty pain free, just a little uncomfortable for a couple of days after. Emotionally much easier than having to sit and wait for a natural mc - which might not happen for weeks.

I'm sure you will decide what is best for you, everyone is different.

Take care of yourself. x
  • Options
    Thanks girls, really appreciate your replies, it is all a bit overwhelming as there is so much to take in, thank you for sharing your experiences with me, I think it seems like the best option for me 2 I just wasnt sure about how it affects your future TTC, I hope you are all having some luck in your TTC journeys Luc xxx
  • Options
    soo sorry for you, but i agree with other girls had mmc myself and the dand c will at least cut out the waiting and pain.but dont forget it will still take time to recover and try get some counselling it really helps the couple .i hope you have some better times ahed be good to yourselfxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi,

Firstly, i'm so sorry for your loss hun.

I've had 2 d&c's for mmc's and i think that they were the best option for me. The second time i did try the medical management to begin with but it ended up failing and i had to have a erpc anyway so i wish i had gone for that option in the first place.

Take care of yourself x
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this honey i had a missed mc last year and had to make the same decision. In the end i didn't opt for a D&C, I went for the tablet version. It was very painful. I made the right choice for me however because i cant bare the thought of 'going under'

Good luck and my heart goes out to you!
    xxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls, I know if anyone understands what Im going through its you all its so hard still feeling pregnant and knowing that theres not going to be a baby at the end of it. Just waiting for my appointment to come through at the hospital. I know it may sound like a silly question but guess its helping me deal with it by trying to focus on the future and TTC again but how soon after d+c did you all strt ttc again? xxx
  • Options
    Hi, again, I am truly sorry you are having to go through this experience. I had a mmc and ERPC at 8 weeks in May. Like many others, it was the best option avaliable for me at the time. I bled lightly for about a week after, you may still get a positive pregnancy test for up to 2 weeks later, but I found the pregnancy feelings disappeared really within a day of two after the op. I was absolutely terrified at the thought of an aneasthetic, but it was fine really - you're under for such a short time the effects soon wear off, so please don't get too anxious about this - I found all the hospital staff so lovely and felt safe in their care (I'm a nurse too so not the best patient).
    Officially they recommend waiting the first cycle before TTC again, but there are conflicting views about whether this is for a physiological reason or to make dating easier if you fall PG straight away. We've decided to wait the first month to let my body recover a bit, (which has just come to an end) and just to be on the safe side as I don't want to go through that again. The first period after a mc which ever treatment you have can take 4-6 weeks (or even a bit longer) to return. It is a frustrating wait, but we all seem to get there in the end.
    Look after yourself and your OH at this time, we are all here to suport you if there's anything we can do xx
  • Options
    we started to ttc almost immediately after the op - probably waited just over a week and then got back to it. i did lots of research as to whether or not to wait and i couldn't find a decent reason not to ttc straightaway. as it happens we're just starting our third cycle and still no joy... image

It must be awful still feeling pg - my symptoms had totally disappeared, which was what prompted me to go to the dr and get a referal for an early scan.

how long will your appt take to come through? we were very lucky - came home after scan to look at our options, rang the epu the same day and got booked in for the next day - i really hope it doesn't take long for you - maybe you could try calling them to hurry things along?

take care xxx
  • Options
    Hi girls, thanks again for your replies, well Im booked in for tomorrow they only phoned me this afternoon, feeling slightly nervous, did they scan you first to double check that it was not viable? just some silly dreams Ive been having guess its all normal.

Ive been doing lots of research too, think we will bd but not actively try if you know what I mean and see what happens and then get back on it with CBFM after cycle 1, just the thought of TTC is getting me through, not sure how I will feel tomorrow.

Anyway girls enough about me...how are you all feeling?

Love Luc xxx
  • Options
    Hi little minx. Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your losses. There is nothing worse than hearing those words that there's no hb and that the baby is smaller than it should be.

I've also had two mc and had ERPC for both. I was offered a scan before first time but declined as I couldn't bear to see the bean again and I was sure that it was gone. After my second they wouln't let me have one (this time i wanted one just to be sure - i was in denial) and they just reassured me that tehre was no way they could escape not seeing the hb as it is so clear.

I hope everything goes as well as it can do tomorrow and that the physical aspect is soon over so taht you can start to grieve.

Take care

Little mo xx

• Options
    Hi Littleminx
    Just wanted to say sorry to hear about your second mc, I hope it all goes as well as it can at the hospital (don;t know much about it as I had ectopic)
    take care
    Daisyx