Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

threatened miscarriage really stressed out few days

hi girl's. think some of you will remember me from ltttc.
well on monday i was 15+1 i have been suffering with bad cold and cough, so on monday afternoon i went back bed as didn't feel well at all. my hubby woke me at 3.15pm like i asked him too but he could see i still looked really poorly so told me to stay in bed and he would see to our son who is autistic. i needed the loo so off i went thinking i would go back to bed for bit after going toilet. when i wiped there was pink blood on tissue, i was so scared and instantly thought the worse. i wiped again not quite believing what i had just saw, but again same on tissue. i put a pad on and told my hubby i was bleeding. he rushed upstairs and hugged me as i was crying so much. i went downstairs and called our dr who was busy so they said they would get him to ring me back. he did but it was 5.30pm so 2 hours later. he said i was to have complete bed rest, no pottering around was to go to bed and stay there. and he would send me for scan tomorrow. when i went to loo again it had gone a brown colour. but i started to get period type pains. i rested but couldn't think of anything else. at 8.30pm the pain was really uncomfortable. so i went to A&E. it took till 1.30am the next day to be seen they admitted me as i had high blood pressure and high temp. they transferred me by ambulance to surgical assessment unit. at 4am dr came and did examination down below which hurt, she said she could see brown discharge, she then tried to listen to baby's heartbeat but couldn't find it. she then did an internal said cervix was closed which was good sign. i left the ward at 6.30am went home had shower. was told to go back to ward at 1.30pm and wait to be scanned. we got there at 1.30pm had to wait till 3.30pm to be scanned. the wait killed me. she put the probe on my belly and saw baby and i held my breath did it have a heartbeat. then she said there's it's heartbeat. i cried with joy and relief. she measured baby and said it was measuring 15+5 so 3 more days added on to the 6 days they put on at 12 week scan. so think it will be a big baby. she looked to see if she could see anything that caused the bleed. and then she saw my placenta was lying low over a bit of my cervix, she said that's what has caused the bleed. saw the dr after and she said that at my consultant app on 16th april he will more than likely scan me again and keep scanning me till they see placenta has moved, if it doesn't move will have to have c-section. i am so relieved out baby is ok. image

Replies

• Options
    Greenbean what an horrendous few days you have had. I am so sorry to read what you have gone through. How are you feeling now? I really hope the placenta moves for you but am so thrilled to hear that the baby is OK. Make sure you really look after yourself and am pleased to see that they will keep scanning you to keep on top of it.
    xxx
  • Options
    Hello Greenbean I'm sometimes in Due in Sept as well as here. What an awful experience for you to go through. I can't imagine how scary that must have been. So glad you got a positive outcome, like RachieS says take good care of yourself - good reason to get lots of TLC xxx
  • Options
    thanks girl's. i am trying to rest up now, but with a 13 yr old autistic son it is hard. my hubby is back at work tomorrow and has told me cant do shopping cos of lifting. i was so scared i am scared to lift a finger. i think i will be scanned again when i see consultant in april. will be nice to see baby again and hopefully placenta will have moved
  • Options
    Ohhh what a worrying time for you hun. You've got quite some time for placenta to move so hopefully that will happen before your term.

Have you any family or close friends that can help with shopping etc so you dont have to lift xxx
  • Options
    Oh hon, how scarey for you. I would be in pieces. So pleased they managed to find a heartbeat, and a possible reason for the bleed.

Hopefully you will be well looked after from now on and those extra scans will offer some reasurrance.

Roll on September eh!

Gem x
  • Options
    Awww honey its awful isnt it? I had a similar experience but it was a graze on my cervix causing it, I now bleed every 4-5 days which is a right pain!!!

The worrying doesnt get easier but pregnancy feels so much better when they are bopping round your belly all the time!!!!

Take care xxx
  • Options
    Aw hon, you poor thing...it is so scary seeing blood. Something similar happened to me, full-on period bleeding for a few days then spotting for 5 weeks.... It is very common apparently but doesn;t make it any less scary. I'm sure everything will be fine sweetie xx
  • Options
    thanks girls. my hubby will do shopping now he wont let me go. but i feel bad as he works 12 hour shifts as it is. been sick this morning im 16 weeks today, think its baby letting me know he/she is ok, thats all i care about, do hate being sick tho.
  • Options
    Oh huni my heart was in my mouth reading that. I am so glad it worked out for you. Hope the rest of the pregnancy is stress free xxx
  • Options
    I can't believe you've been through all that - poor you how horrendous, You're so strong to go through it all and I'm so relieved you and the baby are both ok.

One tip - online shopping! It's so much easier and you can book a slot so your hubby's in so he can carry all the heavy items inside.x
  • Options
    mrs j36 you are a genius i forgot about online shopping. my head is all over the place.
    i had another bleed today but it was brown blood straight away. i had app with mw this afternoon anyway, she managed to find heartbeat. to my relief it was 164bpm.
    i think that is really quick, do you think its anything to worry about? midwife never said anything
  • Options
    Hi honey sorry your having a rough time at mo!!! I had bleed and brown spotting at 15wks too it lasted about 5-6days couldn't Find a reason why though it is soooh stressful, glad heartbeat was good n strong that's the only thing that kept me sane I had a Doppler at home and was checking 2xa day myself as no midwife or doctor checked bubs heartbeat till my check up at 17wks.......just make sure you take it uber easy now!!!!! Hope you manage to relax easier said than done I'm still not 100% relaxed at 22wks n don't think I will be till my little man is in my arms, take care
    Love Sianni 22wks + 3dys XXXXXXX
  • Options
    Hi Greenbean,
    If there was something to worry about with the heart rate I am sure the midwife would have commented given the horrific week you've had. Don't worry honey.
    You must have had such a fright this week, my heart goes out to you..
    Keep the feet up and get that online shopping - I swear by it too!!.
    I'm so pleased things are settling down for you and hope the rest of the pregnancy glides by without incident!
    xxx
  • Options
    hi girl's, still got brown stuff but not much, i've ordered me a doppler this morning, so i can check heartbeat myself if i get panicky. going to shop online over weekend i think as hubby at work and i got my autistic son at home so can't cope with him and shopping and with how i am feeling dont think i should lift anything.
  • Options
    Hey greenbean, after my big bleed I took a couple of weeks off work and took it easy - however I was told not to sit around too much as the blood will just pool in the cervix and come out at some point and could end up with blood clots. It must be impossible to rest all the time with an autistic son I can imagine anyhow....
    I had brown discharge for 5 weeks after the bleeding (up until 18 weeks) so it can carry on for a while. It's hard to relax, I know, but it is just old blood that needs to come out somehow. I was amazed how long it lasted, but it did eventually stop (and hopefully won;t come back again...) xx
  • Options
    hopefully when my placenta moves which i hope it will the brown bleeding with stop. still getting brown discharge, got my son on my own till hubby finishes work and he at work tomorrow too. so not much rest, grab a bit in between doing stuff for him.
  • Options
    Greenbean hope you have been taking it easy, I really hope the spotting is stopping. Look after yourself, xx
  • Options
    hi rachie s, yes the spotting brown stuff seems to have stopped. i hope for good. but then it has happened twice now. it has really made me scare me thinking something is going to go wrong now.
  • Options
    just as i say it has stopped i get it back, still brown with stretchy brown in it. i am hoping baby is ok
  • Options
    I hope you're not too stressed honey. It must be so upsetting.
    I'm sure everything is fine.
    Keep your feet up and sending lots of positive vibes your way
    xxxx